Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do I set forum permissions for individual Moderators?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do I set forum permissions for individual Moderators?

Am I right in believing that a moderator should only be able to moderate their own forum without having access to others?

I have added a number of moderators for different forums. I want the moderators to be able to maintain, ie add new threads to their own forum without being able to moderate others. How do I do this?

At the moment, if I make restrictions for the moderators on a particular forum, it also restricts the moderator whose forum it is. I have amended the permissions for the individual moderator in their user account by selecting which forums I wish them to access but this does not appear to work either.

Have I missed something?

creating new threads is a group permission, not a moderator permission. the Moderator user group is only there for convenience, it does not determine moderator privs. you can create separate user groups and edit their forum permissions in your Admin CP -> Forums & Moderators -> Permission and add your moderators to the appropriate groups.

Comment

Moderator Permissions

Thanks Jakeman - that's saved me a lot of time and brainpower.

Are you therefore saying that for a moderator to be able to post threads on his own forum but not on another forum, I would have to set him up in his own group and change the permissions accordingly? or have I completely lost the plot!!!

Quasi

Comment

Re: Moderator Permissions

Originally posted by T&H
        Are you therefore saying that for a moderator to be able to post threads on his own forum but not on another forum, I would have to set him up in his own group and change the permissions accordingly?
        his user group must have permission. or if his group doesn't have permission and you don't want to create a new group then you can enable access masks - Admin CP -> Options -> vBulletin Options -> [User and registration options] -> Enable Access Masks? -> Yes - and set an exception for that forum for that user - Admin CP -> Users -> Find -> find user -> [Edit forum access for username]. access masks are user level permissions. this is a good way to manage individual users, but if there will be many users with the same permissions then creating a new user group is an easier way to manage them.

Comment

Moderator Permissions

Thanks Jakeman

I did try amending the Access Masks for the Moderator but this did not seem to work. However, I will try it again.

T&H

Comment

Working...
          X