Adding Forum Subscription

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Adding Forum Subscription

Saw a guest doing this, exactly what does it mean?

It means they subscribed to a forum. This really doesn't do anything but put that forum in their User CP.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Does this not try and email notifications in a similar way to thread subscriptions? I understood that was the definition of subscriptions in VB2, basically that you get notifications.

I only ask as several of my users complain that when they've subscribed to a forum that they don't get any emails... and I had a look and I couldn't find code for that within the source... so it would be nice to have it confirmed that this is the way it is supposed to work by design.
      London Fixed-gear and Single-speed

Comment

Found another thread that says that emails are not sent... very confusing. Hope this is one of those things eradicated or clarified in vb3
        London Fixed-gear and Single-speed

Comment

Originally posted by buro9
          Does this not try and email notifications in a similar way to thread subscriptions? I understood that was the definition of subscriptions in VB2, basically that you get notifications.
          No it doesn't. It's never worked this way in vB2. As I said all this does is put that forum in their User CP under Subscribed Forums.
          Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
          Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...
          X