email users prob

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• email users prob

So I searched a bit but couldnt find the answer. This is probably a pretty easy one, but for some reason its tripping me up. Im trying to email my users but the email is only sent to one user, Me!!

I didnt change any variables in the Email Users screen. usergroup is set to "any". The rest are blank. Hmmm...very odd.....
    Thanks,
    Peter

you users might have chosen not to receive admin e-mails in their user cp prefs.

Comment

youre right. for some reason they all have "no" selected for receive emails from admins

Im using the shortened sign up template and the option is hidden at signup. I believe the default is "yes" for receiving emails....

the code:
      <input type="hidden" name="allowemail" value="yes">

so shouldnt everyone be receiving emails? I seriously doubt if all members changed to "no" in their cp after signing up. In fact I signed up again to be sure and while I didnt ever select "no" in the cp, its set to "no"....hmmmm......any ideas???

Peter

Comment

i just tested this on my forums. i set the admin e-mail option to hidden with a value of yes. afterwards the test account i registered had that option set to yes. so it's working fine for me.

...i found your problem. the input field should be:

<input type="hidden" name="allowmail" value="yes">

notice the name. yours says allowemail.

Comment

Great thanks! I dont think I would have found that.

I need to find that "abbreviated signup" thread. That's
          where I got the code...

Thanks again!
          Peter

Comment

Working...
          X