Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Search for posts in the last day?

This is something irritating and I'm sure it's something simple:

I log on to the board. Click the "new posts" link. I see a bunch. I get to reading about half of them.

I'm forced to log off, go do something, come back, click the link again, and they're all gone, I don't have a place telling me where I left off. Nothing there is "sticky".

Maybe this is just me, or is this some sort of useability issue? When I click the search button and I try to put in "*" in the search field, and select the time length to 1 day ago, it says it's too short (must be 4 bytes long) and denies the search.

Any ideas on how to either work around this, or let people know how to "manage" that little "new posts" feature?

Thanks!

Ryan

if you are inactive for more than the length of your session timeout or you log off then the unread post markers are reset.

you can just leave the new posts window open in the background and open the links in a new window.

Comment

Or rather than logging off, just open your Who's Online page which will keep your session fresh.
      Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
      Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

What about the ability to search for all the posts in the last day?

Unfortunately having the people using my board to keep a different window open, (or the main window open for that matter) isn't something I can count on. I need a way for them do a search to just pull up all new posts in like the last day, or use that criteria on the search pane to pull it up with just an "*". Is this even possible?

Comment

To search for all posts over that last 24 hours:

http://www.yoursite.com/forums/search.php?s=&action=getdaily
          Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
          Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

This thread might be helpful, too... it shows how to create a link, which will generate a list of all new posts within the last 1, 2, 3, or x days...
            http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showt...threadid=49192

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...
            X