Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

email template for moderating users - registration deny email?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• email template for moderating users - registration deny email?

Hello,

Have a couple. All have to do with the templates being used under moderated membership and emailsubject templates.

1) Where is the emailsubject template for the approve/deny moderation validation yes/no? It keeps reverting back to it's default wherever that is.

2) Where is the email reply template for denying acceptance or(validate no)? In the moderation queue, you can either activate or deny the new user. If you activate, it sends the appropriate mail (welcome to the forum yadda yadda). I was wondering where the email template is for being denied the request for membership upon moderation? At this point when you deny, it does nothing? There should be an email template for use with denial of membership. So you can at least state the reasons for the denial of membership.

What am I missing and where is it at.... lol.

Thanks Team,
    Hooper
    Last edited by Hooper; Thu 15 Aug '02, 4:18am.

1. email_validated

2. You're right, there is no email that is sent when you deny access.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Hi Steve,

1) Nope. That is the template for the email validation. I'm looking for the emailsubject for it. The email_validated template works fine. It's the emailsubject for that template that keeps changing and reverting back.

2) - I was hoping this wasn't going off into oblivion. I don't think you can just say no and deny a moderated signup, then forget about them. I mean, at least not without saying "I'm sorry, we've reviewed your registration information and we feel you need to go fly at kite at the present time." or something nice like that. When you click on no and hit the process button, It does say that the member's have been notified. It's my testing that shows that it does nothing. I've scratched my head till I have a bald spot.....Have to blame the bald spot on something.

John must be the nicest guy on the planet. He wrote this and basically felt, heh, we'll just let everyone be registered for the forums on moderated signup. . What would I say in the deny email templates anyhow? lol.

Albeit this makes the whole moderated members function a real pain if you have to figure out how to finish the process.

Ok.
      Resolve?
      What can be done to correct this? If you have a register type community, it would appear that at one point or another you will be denying the privilege. At this point, the only way I can see of finishing the transaction would be to manually type a letter and send it off. What I still haven't figured out is that after denying the signup, it still puts them in the active registered users section. It doesn't do away with the signup at all. So at this point, you have to go back and delete them on top of them not getting anything for the denial of forum registration.

Tell ya what. I've worked with the process for hours. If a dev will fix it, I'll test it for a few hours for free. At least I know what it "should" be doing. I wouldn't hardly call this a bug. It's more like the dev quit working on this on a Friday, went on vacation for a week, then started on the who's online or something else when he returned. Lol... That or he didn't want to write the "Sorry, we cannot accept your forum registrtation at this time" emails either.

I can understand that.
      Last edited by Hooper; Thu 15 Aug '02, 1:43pm.

Comment

1. I just modified the email_validated template on my test forum and the changes it show up in the 'Send this email to validated users:' area. To change the subject title you need to modify user.php.

2. You're right, clicking 'No' does nothing. Currently you need to manually send them an email and manually delete their account. Hopefully this will be improved in vB 3.0.

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Hi Steve,

So do you think this is a bigger fix than can be done in a short time? I mean a revision change to fix this? Or do you think this is something that can be resolved easily?
          Last edited by Hooper; Thu 15 Aug '02, 1:48pm.

Comment

I really don't know how big a fix this is or if they are planning to implement it. What's interesting is that to my knowledge this had never been brought up before and then I see the same complaint twice in one week. That's how I knew #2 didn't work - I had already tested it for a support ticket a couple of days ago.

Your best bet is to post a question about this in the vB3 feedback forum.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

I'm not sure we will be using vB3. It will be in test for quite some time on the servers before being used. There are quite a few changes in vB3 and integration/changing over for ourselves and whomever community projects going on will take time. Most likely be using vB2 for quite some time Steve. vB3 is in Alpha anyhow and hardly a topic at this point and time. I'm looking for a fix, or a dev to help perform a fix.
              Last edited by Hooper; Thu 15 Aug '02, 1:59pm.

Comment

Then try posting it as a suggestion in the vB2 Suggestions forum and maybe they'll be able to add it to 2.2.7. I'll try to get an answer on this.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

Fixed
                  Last edited by Hooper; Fri 16 Aug '02, 2:43am.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                  Working...
                  X