Few questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Few questions

On a lot of forums I have seen them use gradients in parts I didnt know was possible. I would like to ask how to get a gradient going in the background of the Category titles? Here is what im talking about...

http://64.46.99.173/loggedin.gif

The part that says main has a gradient background. How would I do that? I know its part of the style but how? Also, my other question is how do you get your logo centered rather than on the left and then the buttons centered in front of that? I have seen it on a few forums but cant remember which ones. Is this hard?

You can always do what I'd do, I would get the style from here and upload it, then change around some stuff to to see what does what and use it when you find it. I'm not sure myself what does it, all I know is that it is this style and you can reply in the topic I gave you a link and ask there.

http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showt...threadid=45316

Comment

In Category Background Color (or something along those lines) in the Modify Style Set page, type the background color you'd normally want, and then a URL to an image. For example if you want the bg to be red but want an image as a background too, type this, including the quotes: #FF0000" background="imageurl.gif.
      --filburt1, vBulletin.org/vBulletinTemplates.com moderator
      Web Design Forums.net: vB Board of the Month
      vBulletin Mail System (vBMS): webmail for your forum users

Comment

Thanks Filburt it worked

Comment

I started a new style called Fantasy. So now I have Fantasy and Default. They both use the same Replacement and Template set but are different styles. When I tried to edit the background of the categories in fantasy, it also changed it in default. When I edited it in default it changed it in fantasy. Does anyone know how to fix this so they are 2 seperate styles that dont interfere with each other?

Comment

Style set = Replacement set + Template set

If they are using the same Replacement and Template sets, then they are, in fact, the exact same style.
            Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
            Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

No, I was going to change the look in the style part. What is a replacement set anyways?

Comment

The Replacement set includes all the variables (fonts, colors, etc). You can see what it includes by viewing it in ther Adminn CP.

A 'Style' is simply a Replacement set *plus* a Template set. If two styles are using the exact same sets then they are the same style in spite of the different names. When you make a change to one, this change will be made to the other one as well. If you want two totally separate styles, then you will need to use different Replacement and Template sets for them.
                Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
                Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Thanks man, it worked perfect Im working now on creating the new theme for it. I think its comming out really good ^_^

Comment

Working...
                  X