Admin cp problems using user.php

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Admin cp problems using user.php

Whenever I first installed the new 2.2.6 over 2.2.5 I've been getting all sorts of problems, anyways here is what I got today trying to change a user group of someone.

Database error in vBulletin Control Panel 2.2.6:

Invalid SQL: SELECT userid
    FROM user
    WHERE username='Mr Socko'
    AND userid
    mysql error: You have an error in your SQL syntax near '' at line 4

mysql error number: 1064

Date: Wednesday 14th of August 2002 04:06:41 PM
    Script: http://forums.thexeffect.com/forums/...admin/user.php
    Referer: http://forums.thexeffect.com/forums/...=edit&userid=6
    In addition when I try to remove a user it saves the changes but doesn't actually delete them. There still there. I've already uploaded the original user.php and still no works, HELP!
    Last edited by Cha Cha Ching; Wed 14 Aug '02, 1:22pm.

AFAIK this doesn't happen with the user.php file from 2.2.6. I've gfound that many people think they've uploaded the new file but when I went in to check they were still running the old one. If you are absolutely sure you are running the default vB 2.2.6 php files with no hacks, fill out a support ticket at:

http://www.vbulletin.com/members/support_form.php

Be sure to include the login info to your Admin CP and FTP.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Well I have installed some hacks, so where exactly do I go from here? Should I reinstall all the admin cp files, like everything or what?

Comment

First just make absoultely sure that the user.php file on your server is the same one as is in the vB 2.2.6 zip file. You can do this by comparing file sizes. If it is, then you will need to uninstall the hacks and reupload the original vB files. If you still have a problem after that, then fill out a support ticket.

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Was kinda weird but it was 2 kb's difference. I reuploaded all the original admin cp files and the deleting problem, that i couldnt remove users now is working fine. All I have left is the mysql error.

Comment

It's 'working fine' but you still get a MySQL error? What are you doing and what is the error?

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

Originally posted by smachol
              It's 'working fine' but you still get a MySQL error? What are you doing and what is the error?
              Nono, before I wasnt able to delete members. It'd say it updated changes but it never did. Now I can delete members, however still whenever I edit anyones profile in the admin cp I get a little small mysql error and repair.php wont work on it. Yet if a user or a mod changes stuff in there cp's it updates perfectly fine. So what I'm thinking is maybe if I like copied the users.php file and made a new one and uploaded to the admin directory, would that work? I did something similar 2 months ago creating a supermod cp.

Comment

Re: Why is my forumhome 83kb?!

Originally posted by N9ne
                http://www.sdsym.com/forum

All the images don't add up anywhere near that, could it be the size of the page, ie. the length?
                This has nothing to do with this topic. Please post a new thread.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

Originally posted by Cha Cha Ching
                  ..whenever I edit anyones profile in the admin cp I get a little small mysql error and repair.php wont work on it.
                  And what is that error?

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

Database error in vBulletin Control Panel 2.2.6:

Invalid SQL: SELECT userid
                    FROM user
                    WHERE username='ONEofaKIND'
                    AND userid
                    mysql error: You have an error in your SQL syntax near '' at line 4

mysql error number: 1064

Date: Thursday 15th of August 2002 02:22:38 PM
                    Script: http://forums.thexeffect.com/forums/...admin/user.php
                    Referer: http://forums.thexeffect.com/forums/...=edit&userid=9

Like I said, if a mod or user updates in there user cp, it works fine. But for some uknown reason the admin/user.php gets an error when making changes to db. This one I simply tried editing a user text and it didn't work. Others I've tried banning, adminning and all of them didnt work. I'm sure I just have to edit a line or so of coding in the mysql db.

Comment

As I said earlier if you are sure you are running the unmodified files for 2.2.6, then fill out a support ticket:

http://www.vbulletin.com/members/support_form.php

Be sure to include the login info to your Admin CP and FTP.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

this is exactly happening to me now.... i'm on 2.2.5 still.... does it have anything to do with the versions?

Comment

Yes it's your version. You need to upgrade to 2.2.6.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

Re: Re: Why is my forumhome 83kb?!

Originally posted by smachol
                            This has nothing to do with this topic. Please post a new thread.
                            I posted it as a new thread, it appeared as a new thread but I went to check back for it a few hours later and I couldn't find it. I just noticed it was in here now

I'll post the new thread again...

Comment

call me lazy ... but i just upgraded to 2.2.5 a couple of months ago.... and i was kinda hoping that i'll do another upgrade when 3.0 is released...

is there a quick fix for this? will the php 4.2 update fix this?

someone on my board has been floodposting and banning him is next to impossible. all i can do is prune his posts...

thanks, smachol.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X