Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cookies

Just with the cookies.

We are getting some users that in the middle of browsing simply get logged out for no apparent reason. We think it might be to do with the limit of 20 cookies per domain that is set by windows/IE.

Theory: when the bbthreadview[xxxx] cookies take up all 20 spots they start overwriting the user/pass/id cookies and without this information the board logs you out.

Could this be the case? one of our members tried it and said that this did appear to be the cause.

Is there a way to fix this issue?
    Cons

Interesting theory, I was unaware of the 20 cookie limit. Will have to research that angle.

However, why would there ever be more than 1 bbthreadview cookie?
    Incursus: (latin: clash, collision/attack, raid, foray, invasion)
    We Create Thingz.

Comment

This is a known issue and fixed in 3.0. The code is going to be back ported for 2.2.7 as well.

Comment

Ed - thanks for the info.

Will you be posting code diffs or changes so those of us still running heavily hacked (pre-2.2.7) versions can make a go of it?

Cheers.
        Scott
        We Create Thingz.

Comment

It's a pretty extensive change I believe, requiring a few new functions and changes to reference those functions. So, unfortunately I can't say that's likely. Sorry. (You can of course, attempt to manually diff it yourself.)

Comment

Would it be possible for you to post a summary here? I'm not planning on upgrading my VB until 3.0, just due to the sheer number of hacks I have (some custom, some proprietary), but I need to try and address this as soon as I can. I have 10,000 maniacs banging in my inbox now.

What is the cookie used for anyway? What would we be losing from a functionality standpoint if I removed it altogether?

Cheers.
            Scott
            We Create Thingz.

Comment

Basically takes each cookie and compresses it into one through serialize and extracts it through unserialize. You probably want functions to read/write them though.

All it does is do an per-session thread read value (threadid => read time stamp). Removing it wouldn't be too big a deal.

Comment

Good minds think alike - here is what I posted last night, before you posted the above:

http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showt...9&pagenumber=2
                We Create Thingz.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                Working...
                X