• Koss
    replied
    hmm i dunno what else to say,...try reading this post

if you want I can do the upgrade for you, it only takes a couple of mins

best of luck

Leave a comment:

• Jojaby
    replied
    Ahh, I guess I did the upload thing all wrong because now none of my forums, boards or anything will work.

Leave a comment:

• Jojaby
    replied
    Thanks. I figured out how to upload but when I put the address specified in my web browser it says that file not found, may be unavailable, removed, etc.

Leave a comment:

• Koss

• Koss
    replied
    all the files that are in the upload directory should be uploaded, the other directory, like the name says, is just extras

the forum directory should be where all your current vB files are placed on your server

with flashfxp once you have connected to your server all you do is drag the folder from the left box to the right

Leave a comment:

• Jojaby
    replied
    Okay I downloaded the program that you recommended. Two questions I know I probably sound like an idiot but . . .

how exactly do you upload a file. I know when I tried installing the vbulletin program myself it created a file called vbulletin226. Inside of there are many programs one of them called upload and then all of the administrative, announcement, attachment, etc. When I double click them it brings up broadband printmaster which says invalid file.

Also the forum directory, is that the same thing as the control panel

Leave a comment:

• Koss

• Koss
    replied
    this should help you out:

http://www.vbulletin.com/members/upgrade.html

Leave a comment:

• Koss

• Koss
    replied
    you need a ftp program there's lots here ( i use flashfxp):
    http://download.com.com/3120-20-0.ht...ftp&tg=dl-2001

once you got that connect to your site using you username & password. look for your forum directory, should be in public_html directory and just upload all the new files there and overwrite the old ones. If you have done any hacking on your board you will have to do it again.

Leave a comment:

• Jojaby
    replied
    How do you upload files. I'm new to this and would kind of like to learn for the next upgrade. I paid vbulletin to install my site so I'm clueless.

Leave a comment:

• Koss

• Koss
    replied
    make sure to turn off your board, just to be on the safe side

Leave a comment:

• mrlister

• mrlister
    replied
    To upgrade it's easy... Just upload all the files again then run the upgrade script which accords to your current version.

I'll do it for you for free if you want.

Leave a comment:

• Jojaby
    started a topic Ahhh, I feel so dumb

Ahhh, I feel so dumb

I can't figure this out. I got someone to install my vbulletin for me and paid for it. Now it's time to upgrade and I can't figure out how to do it and I can always pay again but I don't have that kind of money to spend every month.

I can't figure out how to upload and when I put the address from the upload instructions into my web browser it says doesn't exist.

Can anyone help me?