X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bbcodeparse problem

PHP Code:
    There's one thing that has bothered me for some time
    - why does bbcodeparse replace     to   ? 
    It is not possible to write more than one space ( ) in the
    posts, nor is it possible to use the tab. I was almost certain this
    was a setting in bbcodeparse (functions.php), but I'
    m unable to
    find it
    !

Confused.... 
    Last edited by netphreak; Tue 13 Aug '02, 4:43am.

&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; <-- Non-breaking spaces work here... HTML specifies that one one space of regular whitespace should count.

Comment

Ummmmm.....

When I cut and paste from a word document containing tab's and/or spaces on the right hand side, this is what I want to see:

&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;Blah blah blah blah blah blah blah
      &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;Blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah
      &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;Blah blah blah blah blah blah blah
      &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;Blah blah blah blah blah blah blah
      &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;Blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah

Just like it looks when it's pasted into the text box. Not this:

Blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah

I know I could just do this by inserting the whitespace html tag, but my users won't find it acceptable.

If this is impossible without major hacking, I totally understand that I'll have to figure it out myself. Sorry for my lousy explanation of the problem....
      Last edited by netphreak; Tue 13 Aug '02, 10:03am.

Comment

Well, this is just how HTML works. If you want, you could do some hacking to replace a \t (tab) with the appropriate amount of non-breaking spaces and each space with a non-breaking spaces. If you want to do this, I'd direct you to bbcodeparse2(). But keep in mind this is hacking, so checking at vBulletin.org might be better.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...
        X