upgrading from 2.0.1 to 2.2.6

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• upgrading from 2.0.1 to 2.2.6

Yes I admit, it has been way to long since I've upgraded. Bad me.

Anyway, I'm reading the directions over and over to make sure all this goes smoothly. The last time I did this I was switching from UBB to vB and that was a pretty bad dream.

I want to make sure I am understanding this all. I am no guru.
    I downloaded the full version of 2.2.6 and since I am on 2.0.1, I downloaded the extra zip.

From the way I am understanding the directions, is that I am to upload all the 2.2.6 files overwriting what I already have as well as uploading the upload11.php (and the other two). Then I think I should run upload11, 12, and 13 in the browser. Will that put me at 2.2.6 finally?

Also, will this kill my smilies? I have over a 100 and I certainly don't want them ruined.

Thanks,
    Kara

1. You do not need to upload the files in the images or extras folders, or install.php.

2. You will run upgrade11.php through upgrade19.php to upgrade from 2.0.1 to 2.2.6.

3. You should also read the announcement for each version from 2.0.2 through 2.2.6 to get a list of all the templates that have changed. You will need to revert those templates in order to take advantage of all the bug and security fixes.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Is it easier (and maybe SAFER....) To just Import?

Would it be easier (and safer) to just start at scratch create a new DB and create a new 2.2.6 vboard...then IMPORT the old posts & users from the previous board into the new board?

The reason I say this might be safer if it can be done is ...if it doesn't work right, you still have your old board preserved without the changes and overwrites. Can this be done? Can we import an old version of vbulletin into the newest version?
      :p -=Xube ®
      ...it's just technology

Comment

There currently is no vB-to-Vb import script so this option is not available to you. The best thing to do is make a backup of your database before beginning the upgrade process. Be sure you use the method here since it's the only reliable way to do this:

http://www.vbulletin.com/manual/movingservers.html
        Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
        Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Working...
        X