Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do I reduce the number of MYSQL queries?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do I reduce the number of MYSQL queries?

How can I effectively reduce the number of MySQL queries thus reducing server resource usage by the VB?

Thanks in advance for any replies.
    Last edited by mystara; Sun 11th Aug '02, 7:03pm.

access masks will add extra queries to most pages. you can turn them in your Admin CP -> Options -> vBulletin Options -> [User and registration options] -> Enable access masks? -> No. you won't be able to specify user level forum permissions or hide private forums with access masks disabled.

Comment

Thanks very much for the tip. Can anyone tell me how many (%) queries does this reduce? Any other effective ways to reduce server resource usage by the VB besides this?

Comment

upgrade to vB3 when it's released

Comment

I am searching the forums...but so far I have not found it. What is the range of queries for a vB forum?
          V1 Bad Bunny Emoticons > (For Dark BGs)
          Squarehead V1 Emoticons -
          Let Users select postbit style!

Comment

Originally posted by Bad Bunny
            I am searching the forums...but so far I have not found it. What is the range of queries for a vB forum?
            depends on the page....

to see each pages queries in /admin/config.php add

$debug = 1

and then on pages such as index.php

use yourdomain.com/index.php?explain=1 or index.php?showqueries=1
            :: Always Back Up Forum Database + Attachments BEFORE upgrading !
            :: Nginx SPDY SSL - World Flags Demo [video results]
            :: vBulletin hacked forums: Clean Up Guide for VPS/Dedicated hosting users [ vbulletin.com blog summary ]

Comment

Thanks. 18 queries for mine. This may be unrelated...but does anyone know what this would mean?

Warning: Cannot add header information - headers already sent by (output started at /path-to-my-forums/global.php:146) in /path-to-my-forums/admin/functions.php on line 1573
              V1 Bad Bunny Emoticons > (For Dark BGs)
              Squarehead V1 Emoticons -
              Let Users select postbit style!

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
              Working...
              X