"Logout" not working???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Logout" not working???

Lately my logout feature hasn't been working for me... I click it, it says "all cookies cleared" then it returns me to the boards, but i'm still logged in... and it's not cache, cause I reload, close browser, reboot, ect. and it still shows me logged in. I have to click logout several times and usually after 3-4 times, it will finally log me out. I let the logout page load all the way too, doesnt help. Just afew minutes ago it wouldnt let me logout at all... I actually had to delete the cookie manually!

Any suggestions?

The site is http://www.battleforums.com

Adam
    -
    Visit the Web Scripts Directory @ http://www.scriptz.com
    -
    PHP, CGI, Perl, ASP, JavaScript, CFML, Python and more!

-

Your experiencing Corrupted Cookies, IE 6 is quite unreliable and seems to like to corrupt cookies randomly
    Scott MacVicar

My Blog | Twitter

Comment

well

An update...

When I finally get my account to logout, I go to the front screen and it shows me as logged out (even when I refresh, close browser, ect.) it will still show me as logged out.... but then I click on 'User CP' and it shows me as logged in and I can perform actions and stuff... and if I perform an action, im logged back in. It's pretty weird. Is it just my browser?
      -
      Visit the Web Scripts Directory @ http://www.scriptz.com
      -
      PHP, CGI, Perl, ASP, JavaScript, CFML, Python and more!

-

Comment

Its just IE6

Consider another browser like mozilla or opera they seem to handle quite well.
        Scott MacVicar

My Blog | Twitter

Comment

Hmm.. It sounds to me like vBulletin doesnt properly function with IE then? I have several other sites I've written that work with cookies in IE just fine deleting, etc.., it's only the bulletin board that has problems with it.

I second the fact that it's just IE, because it works fine in Netscape, but that still seems like an issue with vBulletin's compatability with IE.

Comment

I have no problems logging out of vB forums with IE 6.
            Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
            Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

the only time a problem has ever occured is if someone accesses the site from a different URL and attempts to delete this cookies.

Say the cookie is set on www.mydomain.com and is set to be valid for .mydomain.com, if you were to visit sub.mydomain.com and attempt to remove the cookies you will recieve problems.

The other is the adminstrator changes cookie settings and this affects all the users.
              Scott MacVicar

My Blog | Twitter

Comment