Oh Joy I think I[ve got one freaky error

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oh Joy I think I[ve got one freaky error

I have switched servers and so forth and decided to start out fresh and I'm no longer using my vbulletin version 2.2.5. I'm now using 2.2.6. Now I am 100% positive I have done absolutely everything right and when I ran install this is the error i got trying to complete the 3rd step.

Attempting to attach to database...

Connect failed: unexpected error from the database.

Error number: 1044

Error description: Access denied for user: '[email protected]' to database 'thexeffe_vbulletin'

Please ensure that the database and server is correctly configured and try again.

how exactly can I fix this? I'm positive I entered everything correctly which is

Database server type: mysql

Database server hostname / IP address: localhost

Database username: thexeffe_forums

Database password: ****

Database name: thexeffe_vbulletin

Technical email: [email protected]

This error means that one or more of the following is wrong in config.php:

$dbusername
    $dbpassword
    $dbname

...or that the db user does not have permission to access MySQL or that database. If you are sure that everything is correct, then you'll need to contact your host since only they can tell you what the right variables and permissions are.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Lol, smachol you always answer my support requests. I emailed them and everything should be working fine, I uninstalled the database and made a new one and still get the same error, can anyone help out here?

Comment

Honestly I can't think of any reason to get this error except for the ones I've already stated.
        Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
        Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...
        X