The errors continue...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The errors continue...

I need to upgarde to 2.2.6 but get stumped trying to backup the database.

I am no mySQL guru. I can make it work using phpmyadmin. Small wonder! But on to my questions:

I have telnet'd into our server and from the command line entered mysqldump and the parms. But it returns with an error telling me that mysqldump doesn't exist or the database doesn't exist (I don't know which.)

So, I haven't been able to do a back-up other than downloading a dump through vB to my computer. If I try doing a backup to the server through vB it appears to die. Is downloaded backup complete? How would I know?

We are currently running 2.2.4 and are experiencing regular connection issues. Either the connection is lost during a query, or a search is aborted due to a lost connection. Will 2.2.6 remedy this issue? I wasn't the one that setup vB, but noticed that usepconnect was set to true. I changed it to false. Our host has been of zero assistance and quite rude about even increasing the wait_timeout higher than 900. I believe that we are actually getting swamped by other vB or mySQL users and no matter what I do I'm in a pickle. Even while trying to telnet into the site I couldn't connect for some time, leading me to believe that there were either no more connections available, or someone else had all of the resources (I know -- dedicated server time. But this isn't in my clients budget.)

Steve:

I cleared the session table as suggested but the errors continue. Now a new error is coming over periodically:

Database error in vBulletin :

Link-ID == false, connect failed
    mysql error: Can't connect to MySQL server on 'MySQL.discjockeyamerica.com' (111)

mysql error number: 2003

Plus the old one:

Database error in vBulletin 2.2.4:

Invalid SQL: UPDATE session SET lastactivity=1028493108,location='/forums/search.php?s=&action=showresults&getnew=true&searchid=10943' WHERE sessionhash='67a8a83aa3df73d4a46accb1e65af1eb'
    mysql error: Lost connection to MySQL server during query

mysql error number: 2013

Next, if I upgrade to 2.2.6 without a backup how much danger exists? If I kiss the pooch my employer isn't going to be happy!

1. Post the exact message you are getting when trying to run mysqldump.

2. Either MySQL crashed or it cannot find the socket. You need to contact your host about this.

http://www.mysql.com/doc/C/a/Can_not...to_server.html

3. Lost connection info:

http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showt...ver#post310265
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Here is the exact response:

bash-2.03$ mysqldump -u<domain> -p -h<server> <database name> >./08-05-02backup.txt
      bash: mysqldump: command not found
      bash-2.03

The actual parameters have been changed, but regardless, the server always responds back with command not found.

Comment

Either there is no mysqldump on your system, or your path variable does not include the directory it's in. The first thing to do is locate mysqldump if you have one:

find mysqldump
        or
        locate mysqldump

Then if you find it, use the full path in the command line.
        Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
        Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Thanks. I found it. I guess the whereis command doesn't work on their server, but locate did. Now I'll wait until 2am and dump!

Bob Ricci
          SysAdmin
          http://www.discjockeyamerica.com
          http://www.soberrecovery.com

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...
          X