How do I modify...bullets...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do I modify...bullets...

I've searched an have been unssuccessful at finding info on how to change the vbullet.gifs. I'm also navigating thru the Admin CP, but I'm not really sure where to look for them. Can anyone shed some light on this or point me to a thread that discusses it?

TIA

You can just overwrite the file...
    --filburt1, vBulletin.org/vBulletinTemplates.com moderator
    Web Design Forums.net: vB Board of the Month
    vBulletin Mail System (vBMS): webmail for your forum users

Comment

ok...ahhh...hmmm

where's that file? I'm in the admin cp right now under template options. What should I be looking for. Sorry..new territory...

Comment

ftp into your server. the image file is in your forum/images directory. you can overwrite it with another picture. if you want to get rid of the image you can overwrite it with a 1 pixel by 1 pixel transparent gif.

Comment

ok...I removed the vbullet.gif from my /images directory but it seemed to only effect the one near the Board Title. So if my thinking is correct, it's simply a matter of finding that image and "swwapping" it out with a new one?

Comment

I think I may have gotten ahead of myself. It turns out I need to locate the link to associate this new image with. Seems that adding a new image doesn't quit work.
            Any help???

Comment

Can you explain exactly what it is your are trying to do? It's unclear to me.
              Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
              Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

I found it:
                Templates --> Degault --> expand list
                Forum Home Page --> Templates --> expand --> forumhome

Hey smac I was trying to find how to modify the vbullets that appear near the Board Title and Category or Discussion Lists.

Took a while, but I found it...

Comment

sorry but I have another problem in this thread. The modification I made to the image only appears on one page, the main forum page. I'm unable to see this image in any of the other pages. Should I have changed a variable somewhere in regards to this image that would allow the change to replicate throughout the forum?
                  To restate, I wanted to modify or remove the vbulletin logo, v, that appears and replace it with my own logo.
                  I made the change to the image in the forums home page templates...forumhome settings.

???

Comment

just replace the image in your images directory, then the change will take effect everywhere. otherwise you will have to modify several templates.

Comment

yeah that's exactly what I did. I replaced the "vb_bullet" image in the images folder, but it isn't replicating. Can you give me an idea of what templates I should be searching? What should I be looking for? Is it another "vb_bullet" or is it named something else?

Comment

Originally posted by marvc
                        sorry but I have another problem in this thread. The modification I made to the image only appears on one page, the main forum page. I'm unable to see this image in any of the other pages. Should I have changed a variable somewhere in regards to this image that would allow the change to replicate throughout the forum?
                        To restate, I wanted to modify or remove the vbulletin logo, v, that appears and replace it with my own logo.
                        I made the change to the image in the forums home page templates...forumhome settings.

???
                        the top logo is called

vBulletin_logo.gif

if thats what you are trying to change,

the little v at the top of each page is called

vb_bullet.gif

When you renamed them you included the .gif I presume?As well you did refresh the page after the change?If you used a jpg as the new image you will still have to rename as a gif, you should be able to take your new image and just rename it vb_bullet.gif in the images folder and it should work.

edit, curious the vb_bullet.gif is 15x15 pixels, how large is the new image you are trying to use?
                        Last edited by bromyaur; Mon 5 Aug '02, 6:47am.

Comment

I replaced the vBulletin_logo.gif fine. I've also been able to locate and replace most of the vb_bullet.gifs. The only place I'm having a problem is on the "Calendar" and "Search" pages. I haven't been able to locate these .gifs in any of the templates that I've searched thus far.

Comment

they are the same, try clicking the calender link and refreshing the page,you shouldn't need to do any template modifications to replace it. As suggested above, just ftp or log into your webservers, control panel and navigate to the forums/images/ directly and replace the gif there. There is only one you need to change.
                            Last edited by bromyaur; Mon 5 Aug '02, 6:54am.

Comment

nope...seesee . It seems as though the images are also posted in seperate templates, I'm having a hard time locating them.
                              ???

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X