I want Moderators to be able to change their Custom Title

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I want Moderators to be able to change their Custom Title

I can't figure out how to let my Moderators be able to change their Custom User Title from their User Control Panel.

I read somewhere that the Moderators group is not actually a user group, but the moderators are part of the Registered group. Yet I have a Moderators group in my User Group list. I didn't make this Moderators group. Is this a side point or the heart of the issue? I don't want regular Registered users to be able to change their Custom User Title until the posts and registration time values I set up. But Mods I want to be able to change theirs' anytime.

TIA.

This would require hacking because you cannot set these values on a group level even. Check out vbulletin.org
    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 API

Comment

Is it true that only super mods and admins can change their custom title without going off the timer settings set up for regular users before they can change it? Would it work for me to set the Mods' post count up to surpass this number?

Comment

You could try to manually adjust the Mods post count in their profile. I don't know if this will work though.
        Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
        Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Alright, I've got this figured out...

You have to have the "Allow mods/admin to change custom user titles" set to yes.

You have to set someone as a moderator.

And they have to be assigned to a forum as a moderator.

If you don't assign them to any forums as a moderator they don't have the ability to enter a custom user title in their user control panel. Simply assigning them to the Moderators group doesn't automatically make this ability available in the CP... Once they're assigned to a forum this appears (almost like magic) in their User CP.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...
          X