Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Disabling quotes when replying to PM's??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Disabling quotes when replying to PM's??

I have been asked by my users if there is a way to disable quoting of the original message when replying to a private message. Looked around in the profile settings and I didn't see this as an option. If it can't be done with a setting, how about in code? Or, have I missed the option somewhere!?

Thanks!
    Version: vB 3.6.4
    RFC Server: (2) Dual Core Intel 5130 Woodcrest Processor 1333 FSB | 4GB RAM | (2) 146GB 10K RPM SCSI/SAS Hard Drives RAID 1 | PHP 4.4.4 | Apache 1.3.37 | MySQL 4.1.22 | XCache 1.2.0 with Optimizer = Off | APC APC-3.0.12p2 (temporarily disabled)
    Host: ThePlanet

//edit: i was wrong

delete the contents of your priv_reply template. that should do the trick.
    Last edited by Jake Bunce; Tue 30 Jul '02, 10:08pm.

Comment

Or check out my hack over at VB.org
      Raz - KMC Forums

Comment

No offense but a hack is overkill for this. Jake's solution is much simpler and effective.
        Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
        Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Thanks All!

Version: vB 3.6.4
          RFC Server: (2) Dual Core Intel 5130 Woodcrest Processor 1333 FSB | 4GB RAM | (2) 146GB 10K RPM SCSI/SAS Hard Drives RAID 1 | PHP 4.4.4 | Apache 1.3.37 | MySQL 4.1.22 | XCache 1.2.0 with Optimizer = Off | APC APC-3.0.12p2 (temporarily disabled)
          Host: ThePlanet

Comment

Originally posted by smachol
            No offense but a hack is overkill for this. Jake's solution is much simpler and effective.
            None taken. But if you want to keep just one quote (the last PM) then a editing of files is needed.
            Raz - KMC Forums

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...
            X