X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• problem with attachments table

got up in the morning and found 300 emails with the above error
    Database error in vBulletin 2.2.5:

Invalid SQL: INSERT INTO attachment (attachmentid,userid,dateline,filename,visible,hash) VALUES (NULL,1227,1028034598,'ìëìåê&ñðèé 1.jpg','1','92923f823f8953ab962c79a626fd87d4')
    mysql error: Duplicate entry '65535' for key 1

mysql error number: 1062

Date: Tuesday 30th of July 2002 09:09:58 AM
    Script: http://forums.chiquititas.co.il/newreply.php
    Referer: http://forums.chiquititas.co.il/newr...threadid=64448
    im using a hack in this table , but this is being used for more then a month without any problem , so please help me found the prob .

thanks
    Ben

You have more than 65000 attachments?

You need to run these queries in phpMyAdmin:

ALTER TABLE attachment CHANGE attachmentid attachmentid INT UNSIGNED NOT NULL AUTO_INCREMENT

ALTER TABLE post CHANGE attachmentid attachmentid INT UNSIGNED DEFAULT '0' NOT NULL

Comment

ok , the probelm fixed ;->
      thanks alot

and yes , i have over 65,000 attachments , over 3gb of files ..
      i suggest in the next version there will be something that will automaticly run these commends or something ..

Comment

Yes they should have never been set to smallint's. That will be fixed in 3.0

Comment

i have the same proplem,, my attachment table is 3GB too

Code:
          Database montada_forum running on localhost 
          Error

SQL-query :  

ALTER TABLE attachment CHANGE attachmentid attachmentid INT UNSIGNED NOT NULL AUTO_INCREMENT 

MySQL said: 

Duplicate entry '60823' for key 1
          by the way did :
          ALTER TABLE post CHANGE attachmentid attachmentid INT UNSIGNED DEFAULT '0' NOT NULL

and had no errors
          Last edited by Essam; Sun 6 Oct '02, 4:44am.

Comment

Bump

Comment

maoz440, please post the exact and complete error messgae. However AFAIK 3 GBs is just too large for a single MySQL db table. You may need to start purning attachments.
              Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
              Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

That error should have been fixed by running Freddie's queries posted above.

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Yes, IMO the size of the table may in fact be causing this problem.

If you empty this table I am not sure which other steps would be necessary to eliminate any potential errors. I imagine at the very least you should run repair.php on the database and perhaps update all the counters as well.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

Working...
                  X