Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Merlin3649
    replied
    Nevermind, I got it to work. The instructions in that thread were messed up in a few places. I posted a cleaned up version at the end of the thread.

Leave a comment:

• Merlin3649
    replied
    I followed those instructions (however the person's guide is wrong insofar as you have to have a /psa/ directory in between /local/ and /home/ ; also, he has metrogamers.com in there which is probably erroneous as well) but that did not solve the problem, I still cannot upload avatars. What's the next step?

Leave a comment:

• Steve Machol
    replied
    You're running a Plesk server. You need to folow the instructions here:

http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showt...threadid=37766

Leave a comment:

• Merlin3649
    replied
    I am getting a very similar problem to Cha Cha Ching. I recently switched servers to a larger bandwidth one (rackshack). On the old server I uploaded people's avatars manually and made links to them (so web browsers would cache the images and save on BW). Now that I've switched I've decided to use the default option in regards to avatars, letting users upload their own.

However, I get the same error Cha Cha gets when trying to upload. After choosing a valid gif or jpg (I even tried using one that came with VB to be certain on this), an error message states:

"The uploaded file is not a valid GIF or JPG file. Please ensure that it is and try again."

I do not know where the problem might be and wonder if anyone can help me. As for that phpinfo page smachol asked Cha Cha for, it can be located here:

http://www.rpgclassics.com/agora/phpinfo.php

Please note that about 2 days ago we had our DNS changed, so there is a small chance that some of you will be unable to view the proper site, but that shouldn't be a big issue.

Leave a comment:

• Steve Machol
    replied
    Originally posted by Cha Cha Ching
    What I ment by direct linking is like the avatar is located on another server like johndoe.com/image.jpg.
    This isn't a feature of vB. All vB avatars are store in the db. Is this something you hacked in?

I don't see anything out of the ordinary in phpinfo. Have you tried uploading an avatar to see if you can duplicate the problem? I would also suggest reuploading the original functions.php as well the avatar.php. Also do you have a test account to check this with?

Leave a comment:

• Cha Cha Ching
    replied
    seems like you always answer my problems. What I ment by direct linking is like the avatar is located on another server like johndoe.com/image.jpg. You put that address in and then the image shows up. And http://forums.themayhem.com/phpinfo.php this problem only started a few days ago.

Leave a comment:

• Steve Machol
    replied
    What do you mean by 'direct linking'? There is no direct linking of avatars in the default vB. Is this a hack?

Also do you have a phpinfo.php file? If not create a text file with this content:

PHP Code:
    <?php
    phpinfo
    ();
    ?>
    Name it 'phpinfo.php' then upload it to your forum directory and post the URL here. This will help us troubleshoot the problem.

Leave a comment:

• Cha Cha Ching
    started a topic Avatar Problems

I'm not sure if this is a bug or what. But since the last time the server went down and came back with mysql errors. After we finally fixed the mysql, the forums were running smoothly. However I've been informed by all of my posters that whenever uploading a custom avatar it doesn't work. It saves changes but doesn't update, in addition they get errors when direct linking that it's not a valid jpg or gif and I know it is a valid jpg or gif. I've uploaded the original file of avatar.php and it still doesn't work. So any ideas?
Working...
X