Probelm since upgrading from older version to 2.2.6

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Probelm since upgrading from older version to 2.2.6

My site was on vbulletinhosting and we did an upgrade to 2.2.6. Since the upgrade, a number of our users have gotten frequent "web busy" screens. We moved yesterday to a different service with 100 connections, have not had more than 53 people logged in at the same time since then, but those same people still get web busy screens, while the majority of us don't get them at all. It does not appear to be the provider. The number of simultaneous sessions is set for 65. It just seems to affect some people but not others. Any idea what it is and what to do about it?

you answered your question - vB session limit is active so those some users are the users >63 you set who get to see the message server is busy

do you also have cpu load limit set as well ?

try disabling the session and cpu load limits in vB admin...
    :: Always Back Up Forum Database + Attachments BEFORE upgrading !
    :: Nginx SPDY SSL - World Flags Demo [video results]
    :: vBulletin hacked forums: Clean Up Guide for VPS/Dedicated hosting users [ vbulletin.com blog summary ]

Comment

I just went in and changed the simultaneous users to "0". The load limit was already set to "0". The key point is that only certain people have the problem (constantly), while the majority do not ever get a web busy screen. I'll report back in a few hours to see if the change works.

Comment

Some people are still reporting getting constant "web busy" screens, while others are never getting them. Server load says it is currently at 0.31! At the time the last person reported the web busy screen there were 52 people online, but we have 100 connections available to the MySQL database. This was not happening prior to the upgrade to 2.2.6. Any further suggestions would be appreciated. I'm not "technically astute"!

Comment

are these web busy screens from vBulletin forum ? or just blank pages with a server busy ?

can you post your forum url too
          :: Always Back Up Forum Database + Attachments BEFORE upgrading !
          :: Nginx SPDY SSL - World Flags Demo [video results]
          :: vBulletin hacked forums: Clean Up Guide for VPS/Dedicated hosting users [ vbulletin.com blog summary ]

Comment

At the same time that maybe as many as 20 people were complaining about web busy screens, I was doing fine and have not seen one. I have had very few complaints since I set the sessions limits to "0". This is one of those times where I cannot be very helpful because what others have complained about didn't happen to me or to my other admins and moderators. It's sort of like a car that's clanging and you bring it to the mechanic, but the engine is purring.......until you drive off.

The url is: http://209.151.81.189/board/

Again, I would not have bothered you about this because we were on a poorpperforming web service. It was when we moved to a service with a great reputation (and few other sites on that server) and our members were still complaining, that I came here hoping for an answer.

There is one other glitch that I don't understand. When I try to stick or unstick a thread, I get the following screen:

The action you have attempted could not be performed as your session appears to be invalid. Click the below link to attempt this action again with a new session.
            I own the board, am an admin, can do everything else that I try (deleting, pruning, etc.), but I have to ask another admin to stick or unstick threads.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...
            X