Can't delete any threads - always timed out

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can't delete any threads - always timed out

I have about 300,000 posts and in recent months I haven't been able to delete anything. I'm always timed out. I've tried deleting threads at 3am with no success. Is there anything I can edit to speed up the process and prevent myself from being timed out? Thanks.

Are you trying to prune or just delete one post?

Comment

Just trying to delete select posts - either deleting the whole thread or individual posts.

Comment

In php.ini try setting "max_execution_time" to a higher amount (60, 90)

Comment

I did that and then attempted to restart apache and now I'm getting this error:

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: mysql_connect() in /home/sites/home/web/boards/admin/db_mysql.php on line 40

Comment

When I do some forum cleaning I always start by deleting the search index, I don't know if that would help the timeout problem but the actual deleting is about 20 times faster if not more. The difference is just huge.

Then when I'm done I just re-index, and while that may take some time I believe that over all it's a faster way especially if you trim down to about 100k or 120k posts.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...
            X