Database error in vBulletin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Database error in vBulletin

Still running vb2.2.2 and will be upgrading shortly...

In the meantime and just during the past week or so, I've started to get this error emailed to me every few days or so...

Database error in vBulletin :

Link-ID == false, connect failed
    mysql error: Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/run/mysqld/mysqld.sock' (111)

mysql error number: 2002

Date: Wednesday 17th of July 2002 04:10:33 PM
    Script: /forum/forumdisplay.php?forumid=10&daysprune=2
    Referer:

Can somebody please explain what's up with this... Haven't done nothing to mySQL and am running php 4.1.2 still...

Ed

it means mysql on your server went down or crashed, you need for your web host to restart mysql.. who's your web host btw ?
    :: Always Back Up Forum Database + Attachments BEFORE upgrading !
    :: Nginx SPDY SSL - World Flags Demo [video results]
    :: vBulletin hacked forums: Clean Up Guide for VPS/Dedicated hosting users [ vbulletin.com blog summary ]

Comment

Thanks eva for the quich response...
      Originally posted by eva2000
      it means mysql on your server went down or crashed, you need for your web host to restart mysql.. who's your web host btw ?
      >>>who's your web host btw <<<

I am.... I have my own server... ...

Interesting???... I've restarted mySQL several times over the past few weeks cuz of projects we are working on which involve database's, but it's weird that the error only comes accross once every few days and only for the vB 2.2.2 that I have over here.... Talkstox.com

I'm running 1 other vB (2.2.6) RadScripts.com and I don't get the errors emulating from it... Haven't upgraded the one above yet cuz I haven't had a chance yet but will do so over the next few days...

Maybe the upgrade will fix the glitch...
      Last edited by edpak; Tue 23 Jul '02, 7:05am.

Comment

The error will only appear if mysql is down at the time a page is going to be accessed, so if a forum is quiet and no one tries to access the page while mysql is down then there will be no error, but if the other board is busy then you will get the error messages.
        Scott MacVicar

My Blog | Twitter

Comment

PPN... Thanks for the reply... Wonder what's causing MySQL to go down every couple of days...Maybe I better reload it cuz the board does get buzy at times...

Almost blasts me out of my chair when I get 42 emails coming at me all at once... LOLOL

Comment

Its probably you restarting mysql thats causing the problems, during the couple of seconds that mysql is down for anyone trying to access a vBulletin page will cause an error messge to be send out.
            Scott MacVicar

My Blog | Twitter

Comment

eva... Nope... Never went near it yesterday and I got the email blast... Will check with my partner though... Maybe he's been screwing around with it...

Comment

eva... Nope... Never went near it yesterday and I got the email blast... Will check with my partner though... Maybe he's been screwing around with it...

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                Working...
                X