How do I back up posts on 2.2.5 ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do I back up posts on 2.2.5 ?

Whenever I do a back up in admin it only seems to back up the databases and not the posts (about 1mb) in size, am I doing something wrong or is there no means of backing up all the posts in recent versions of VBB ?

We badly need to get the posts backed up because of security reasons regarding a banned member so please tell me how I can do a back up of all the posts on the board

posts are stored in the database. the recommended way to backup is through the shell. you need to telnet into your server and type this into the command line:

mysqldump -uUSERNAME -p databasename > backup.sql

it will ask for your password after submitting this line. replace the bold text with your info. you can get your database name, username and password from your admin/config.php file. the backup file will be saved in your home directory (one level above your web root).

backing up through the shell will ensure you get a complete backup. the shell is not subject to the same "max execution" time as php scripts are (like the backup script in the admin cp).

Comment

Thanks

When I do the databases back up from admin it stops at 1.60mb which given my board has 90,000 posts etc just didn't seem enough

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...
      X