Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Steve Machol
    replied
    Do *NOT* run install.php. Don't even upload it to your server. Just reupload the original php files except install.php, upgradexx.php and the files in the 'extras' folder.

Leave a comment:

• Cha Cha Ching
    replied
    Okay, quick question. If i were to upload install.php and run that, would that fix the problems, and would it delete all my members and posts?

Leave a comment:

• Steve Machol
    replied
    There's almost definitely something wrong with one of your vB files. Instead of uploading your backups, reupload the original php files from the zip file.

Leave a comment:

• Cha Cha Ching
    replied
    Yes I checked the config file and everything was fine, I also have uploaded old backups, so I don't know whats going on. Anymore suggestions?

Leave a comment:

• Steve Machol
    replied
    Other that the fact that you're running relatively old versions of PHP and MySQL I don;t see a problem there.

Did you check your config.php file like I suggested? My guess is that it's either that or some other modified file. Try reuploading the original vB php files. Make sure you upload in ASCII and overwrite the files on the server.

Leave a comment:

• Cha Cha Ching
    replied
    http://forums.themayhem.com/phpinfo.php

Leave a comment:

• Steve Machol
    replied
    This can also be caused by white space or extra lines in config.php either before the <?php or after the ?>. Check config.php for this. If that's not it, then do you have a phpinfo.php file? If not create a text file with this content:

PHP Code:
    <?php
    phpinfo
    ();
    ?>
    Name it 'phpinfo.php' then upload it to your forum directory and post the URL here. This will help us troubleshoot the problem.

Leave a comment:

• Cha Cha Ching
    replied
    I don't think he caused the error. Really not sure what did but PHP is working on the server as well as mysql or the admin cp wouldn't work.

Leave a comment:

• Floris
    replied
    Originally posted by Cha Cha Ching
    The Administrator's control panel still works and those are all php files. It's just the actual message board, I'm not sure what happened, we had a user earlier today gain access to the admin panel and went around deleting members left and right and posting pages of spam, i was thinking he edited templates but I highly doubt it.

How do we report people like this?

And any solutions to the problem? The forum has 16,000 members so we go through errors quite frequently. And were getting ready to switch servers, I don't want to do anything until we can fix this.
    BLah!
    If you gave info like that earlier, then my reply was simlpe : it doesn't work , because you are hacked.

He hacked you, so i guess, report to his isp, the hosting provider and the police. procecute him.

Leave a comment:

• Cha Cha Ching
    replied
    The Administrator's control panel still works and those are all php files. It's just the actual message board, I'm not sure what happened, we had a user earlier today gain access to the admin panel and went around deleting members left and right and posting pages of spam, i was thinking he edited templates but I highly doubt it.

How do we report people like this?

And any solutions to the problem? The forum has 16,000 members so we go through errors quite frequently. And were getting ready to switch servers, I don't want to do anything until we can fix this.

Leave a comment:

• Floris
    replied
    Originally posted by Razzie
    Is MySQL running?
    PLooking at the errors his site is giving when running an .php file, not sure, but it also doesn't give a correct mysql error, so it could be down too.

Leave a comment:

• Raz Meister
    replied
    Is MySQL running?

Leave a comment:

• Floris
    replied
    Re: Freaky Problem

Originally posted by Cha Cha Ching
    http://forums.themayhem.com/index.php I was doing nothing and then all the sudden the page turned white. And I tried uploading a backup and it didn't work. Any advice?
    I think PHP stopped working on that host. Contact your hosting provider. Also, you seem to be running vBulletin 2.2.5 ,, if your hosting provider upgraded php to 4.2.1 then upgrade 2.2.6 so it works with 4.2.1

You could upload a test.php file with <?php phpinfo(); ?> in it, and see what version you are running.

Leave a comment:

• Cha Cha Ching
    started a topic Freaky Problem

Freaky Problem

http://forums.themayhem.com/index.php I was doing nothing and then all the sudden the page turned white. And I tried uploading a backup and it didn't work. Any advice?
widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X