Locked out

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Locked out

I have been locked out by a hacker. I still have access to my control panel (website) but not to the vB control panel. Is there anyway for me to at least get back in?

What proof do you have that it was a Hacker?

Also did you do a password retrieval on your userid? Usually the easiest way to reset your password.
    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 API

Comment

The board is turned off and the name of the board has been changed to "GraveYard." I am pretty sure it is a hacker. The board is turned off and it will not let me access anything.

Comment

First of all, htaccess protect your admin directory:

HTAccess Authentication Tutorial

Then upload getadmin.php to your admin directory and use it to resotre your user name to Admin.
        Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
        Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

I know this is pretty obvious, but change ALL your passwords to complex ones that include number ands caps.
          Raz - KMC Forums

Comment

I had a similar situation with a banned member who hijacked the Admin Panel, deleted the admin accounts and stuff

Create a new user group (in my case called it new members) set up 2 or 3 new accounts and put them in this new group and give them admin priveleges so although they appear as ordinary members they have the same powers as the Admin but are not listed in the Administrators user group

Worked with me

Comment

Originally posted by The Real CT
              I had a similar situation with a banned member who hijacked the Admin Panel, deleted the admin accounts and stuff

Create a new user group (in my case called it new members) set up 2 or 3 new accounts and put them in this new group and give them admin priveleges so although they appear as ordinary members they have the same powers as the Admin but are not listed in the Administrators user group

Worked with me
              That sounds like a good idea The Real CT
              It will add further security options
              Well at least until vb3 arrives
              None

Comment

Originally posted by The Real CT

Worked with me
                Good idea, never thought of that.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                Working...
                X