Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

URGENT HELP NEEDED - Database changes from 2.0.3 ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BrAinZ
    replied
    Thanks for your replies.. In the end I decided to keep ploughing on FORWARD rather than try to reset it all back to my backup (which yes I DID make )

I have FINALLY got it back up.

The main problem is that my server does not seem to allow me to use an /admin/ directory. This was not allowing me back into the board once that I had upgraded.

I have now worked out how to ammend the files to use a directory of /fadmin/ instead.

The board is now working.. it's just a case of trying to re-apply all the little bits that have been added to the code for our individual use.

Leave a comment:

• Steve Machol
    replied
    The 2.0.3 files will NOT work with a 2.2.6 database. Rather than downgrade I suggest we find out what the problem is and fix that instead.

Leave a comment:

• Floris
    replied
    Re: URGENT HELP NEEDED - Database changes from 2.0.3 ?

Originally posted by BrAinZ
    I am having some REAL problems trying to update to the latest version of VBB on our site

I think that I may need to revert to the older version (2.0.3) until I get some more answers to my problems.

My question is... What changes would have been made to the database during the upgrade from 2.0.3 to 2.2.6 (which I have done) ?

Will it be OK to simply delete my FTP files and re-upload the old ones, or would I need to DELETE the database and reupload that as well ?
    (Ie.. are the 2.0.3 files going to work with the database now that I have updated to 2.2.6)

I REALLY need some help with this, as the board is currently down and a lot of people are waiting to access it again
    (plus I'm going to be in REAL trouble if I really mess it up! )
    There have been significant and serious enough changes from 2.0.x to 2.2.x and even 2.2.6 now.
    For help on upgrading contact [email protected]
    Ofcourse, you can't screw up, because you made a back-up.

Leave a comment:

• filburt1
    replied
    Passwords have been replaced with password hashes. I believe you have to e-mail Jelsoft to get the upgrade script for 2.0.3.

Leave a comment:

• BrAinZ
    started a topic URGENT HELP NEEDED - Database changes from 2.0.3 ?

URGENT HELP NEEDED - Database changes from 2.0.3 ?

I am having some REAL problems trying to update to the latest version of VBB on our site

I think that I may need to revert to the older version (2.0.3) until I get some more answers to my problems.

My question is... What changes would have been made to the database during the upgrade from 2.0.3 to 2.2.6 (which I have done) ?

Will it be OK to simply delete my FTP files and re-upload the old ones, or would I need to DELETE the database and reupload that as well ?
    (Ie.. are the 2.0.3 files going to work with the database now that I have updated to 2.2.6)

I REALLY need some help with this, as the board is currently down and a lot of people are waiting to access it again
    (plus I'm going to be in REAL trouble if I really mess it up! )
widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X