Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

HELP! - Can't get back into board after Upgrade!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HELP! - Can't get back into board after Upgrade!

I have just upgraded our board from 2.03 to the latest 2.2.6, but now I can't get back in

I followed all the instructions, so I...

Turned the board off.
    Reset all my templates to DEFAULT.
    Uploaded all the 2.2.6 files.
    Uploaded the earlier version 2.0.3 UPDATE files.
    Ran all the updates.

Now when I try to log into the Admin Panel, it lets me through the 1st username password entry screen, but then come up with a Windows "Web Administrator" password entry screen asking for my username/password and then says:

"Authorization Required
    This server could not verify that you are authorized to access the document requested. Either you supplied the wrong credentials (e.g., bad password), or your browser doesn't understand how to supply the credentials required."

HELP !!

One thing that may help is that for some reason, the people who originally installed our board used a folder names FADMIN instead of ADMIN. No idea why they did that.

Any ideas ?
    Last edited by BrAinZ; Thu 18 Jul '02, 4:03am.

I believe /admin/ is a alias for your Administration Panel for your site.

Rename the folder to fadmin i guess. I know RAQs have this problem when you go to http://site.com/admin

Scott
    Scott MacVicar

My Blog | Twitter

Comment

Yes.. the problem is that all the OLD files, used to point to "/fadmin" but the new ones point to "/admin".

BUT.. I don't think that this is the direct problem at the moment.. It seems more like I don't have permission to actually view the folder.

Do you think it would be anything to do with PERMISSIONS for the folder?
      Would it help if I CHMOD'd something ?

Comment

You just need to open

/admin/global.php and change

Code:
        <form action="../admin/index.php" method="post" id="submitrow">
        to

Code:
        <form action="../fadmin/index.php" method="post" id="submitrow">
        The rest should be ok.
        Scott MacVicar

My Blog | Twitter

Comment

Nope.. I can't actually get that far

It's coming up with a windows system password entry screen.

What would cause that?

Comment

Well obviously I can edit the PHP file... but it still doesn't allow me to access the Admin page.

Comment

Edit the php file then rename the admin folder to fadmin and everything should work fine.

Its to do with your server package recognising /admin/ as you wanting to access the Site Admin you would need to edit httpd.conf to remove this but then that would cause problems for everyone else on the server.
              Scott MacVicar

My Blog | Twitter

Comment

Hmm still having a bit of a problem...

Just to confirm.. I am editing the global.php in the ADMIN folder ?

I also seem to have global.php in the root folder.. is that right?

Comment

Also.. What about all the other references to the /admin/ folder, wouldn't I have to change those as well ?

Comment

Or you could just use the complete URL to your Admin CP by including index.php:

http://www.yoursite.com/forums/admin/index.php
                    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
                    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Its an alias in apache so entering the full URL will not work, it will attempt to open index.php in a different folder.

You are editing the global.php in the ADMIN folder. This is the only one that needs to be edited for the admin panel to work.

If the people who installed it for you first did so correctly any links in your templates will be to /fadmin and not /admin.

Scott
                      Scott MacVicar

My Blog | Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by PPN
                        If the people who installed it for you first did so correctly any links in your templates will be to /fadmin and not /admin.
                        Yeah they are.. but the problem is that the upgrade resets all of these to /admin/

Comment

Originally posted by PPN
                          Its an alias in apache so entering the full URL will not work, it will attempt to open index.php in a different folder.
                          Actually I recently ran into this exact same problem in a support ticket. Without the index.php, you get directed to the system password screen. With it, you go to the vB Admin CP.
                          Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
                          Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

The Cpanel setup is different then

http://www.total-anime.com/cpanel/index.php

gets the prompt instead of opening my cpanel folder i just created
                            Scott MacVicar

My Blog | Twitter

Comment

Working...
                            X