Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cookie problem, cant stay log in any long than 15 mins

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Cookie problem, cant stay log in any long than 15 mins

    I got this weird problem, it never happen to me before until now, I wonder why??

    After play around with vbulletin and somehow it refuse let me or anyone to stay log in after 15 mins???

    And also all of my members (test my board before it open up for any members to register) have problem with stay log in or have to log in every time when page change or refresh.

    If all of members or I turn off this feature at UserCP (Browse board with cookies?) at Edit Option then we can log in and stay around but still have problem with 15 mins timeout. I try to turn that feature on and I cant stay log in at every page. I was puzzled by that. I have to log in all of time whenever page refresh or jump to different page.

    I m thinking of delete all of it and database and start from scratch but I prefer to do that as last desperate thing to do.

    Pls help with this cookie problem.

    thanks.

    [edit] of course I turn this feature :Automatically login when you return to the site? (uses cookies): and still not help at all, always force me log off after 15 mins.

  • #2
    Manually delete your cookies. To do this in IE 6.0:

    Tools -> Internet Options -> Temporary Internet Files -> Settings -> View Files

    Then search for the individual cookies for your domain and delete them all. The name should be in the form of:

    Cookie:[email protected]
    and
    Cookie:[email protected]www.yoursite.com

    ...and any derivatives of the above. Then highlight the individual cookies and delete each one found. After this, close all browser windows and restart IE.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

    Steve Machol Photography


    Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.


    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by smachol
      Manually delete your cookies. To do this in IE 6.0:

      Tools -> Internet Options -> Temporary Internet Files -> Settings -> View Files

      Then search for the individual cookies for your domain and delete them all. The name should be in the form of:

      Cookie:[email protected]
      and
      Cookie:[email protected]www.yoursite.com

      ...and any derivatives of the above. Then highlight the individual cookies and delete each one found. After this, close all browser windows and restart IE.
      thanks for fast response but strange I couldnt find any in my cookie folders, since I m Win2k pro user so I m administrator of my computer and look with [email protected] or [email protected]www.mywebsite.com and still couldnt find any...

      Perhaps my board have problem with cookie or ?

      Comment


      • #4
        Are you running IE 6? Do you have it set to allow cookies? Are you running any firewall or or other software that could be interfering with cookies?
        Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
        Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

        Steve Machol Photography


        Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.


        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by smachol
          Are you running IE 6? Do you have it set to allow cookies? Are you running any firewall or or other software that could be interfering with cookies?
          Yes I m running IE 6.0, as I stated at first post, I did set to allow cookies but curious about it, is that one where I set at UserCP > Edit Option right? Yes I m using Zone lab pro firewall but I never have problem with login on different board like here, vb.com and vb.org, I try to test my cookie issue and I shut down firewall and still have problems.

          Again many thanks for faster response

          [edit] yes I let default setting in IE for allowing cookies, I dont have any problem with other boards such as here.
          Last edited by Dakkon; Wed 17 Jul '02, 9:50pm.

          Comment


          • #6
            Well since you said you cannot find any cookies for your site then either you are blocking the cookies in some way or you haven't set your user options to browse with cookies.

            Just out of curiosity what settings do you have for your 'Cookie Domain' and 'Path to Save Cookies' in your Admin CP? Did you ever change these settings?
            Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
            Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

            Steve Machol Photography


            Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.


            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by smachol
              Well since you said you cannot find any cookies for your site then either you are blocking the cookies in some way or you haven't set your user options to browse with cookies.

              Just out of curiosity what settings do you have for your 'Cookie Domain' and 'Path to Save Cookies' in your Admin CP? Did you ever change these settings?
              No, I cannot stay log in if I use that option (Browse board with cookies?) It always force me log off at every page. I know that one usually let me stay login but not at my board.

              As for Cookie Domain, yeah I did but I m not sure about this since I dont have subdomion as others do so maybe it cause some error? I use forum.mywebsite.com, am I right about that? Cuz I dont have subdomion so should I use .mywebsite.com instead?

              And for Path to Save Cookies, I have only one board at my server, I think that I dont need that one right? I just leave it blank with '/'

              Comment


              • #8
                smachol

                I owe you a round of beers, I found the error with Cooke Domain... I change from forum.mywebsite.com to .mywebsite.com and it works also I now can find my cooke in cookies folder.

                Many thanks for your patience and help me out!

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Dakkon
                  smachol

                  I owe you a round of beers, I found the error with Cooke Domain... I change from forum.mywebsite.com to .mywebsite.com and it works also I now can find my cooke in cookies folder.

                  Many thanks for your patience and help me out!
                  whoever (I forget the name =\) told me that Vb offer amazing support, I second and believe that right away.

                  Thanks for this wonderful support, I dont have to delete after all

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Glad to help!
                    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
                    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

                    Steve Machol Photography


                    Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.


                    Comment

                    widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                    Working...
                    X