X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• '/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock' [errors]

I always seem to be getting mysql errors with the following message:

Link-ID == false, connect failed
    mysql error: Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock' (2)

now there isnt one day that goes by that I dont get this message...so my question is this problem from my side or the server side......and is there any solution?

-thanks

Do you have $pconnect = 1; in config.php? If so set that to 0 upload and give it a try for a day or two.
    Scott MacVicar

My Blog | Twitter

Comment

do you mean usepconnect ?

yeah i got: $usepconnect = 0;

Comment

I found http://www.mysql.com/doc/C/a/Can_not...to_server.html on MySQL Documentation site but I honestly have no idea what could be causing it other than that. Maybe George will have an idea.
        Scott MacVicar

My Blog | Twitter

Comment

Either the MySQL server is down or it can't find the socket file. You need to contact your host about this.
          Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
          Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

thanks guys

Comment

what Steve said

your web host should be able to view the server's mysql error logs to determine or find out why mysql keeps going down
              :: Always Back Up Forum Database + Attachments BEFORE upgrading !
              :: Nginx SPDY SSL - World Flags Demo [video results]
              :: vBulletin hacked forums: Clean Up Guide for VPS/Dedicated hosting users [ vbulletin.com blog summary ]

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
              Working...
              X