Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Allow any file extension

EDIT:

Is it possible to allow ALL file extensions to be uploaded with a post?
    Last edited by Gary W; Tue 16 Jul '02, 10:41am.

Admin CP -> vBulletin Options -> Attachments

You can set what attachments you wish to allow on your forum there (just make sure you have an image in the specified folder as well else you will have an X for an image beside that attachment ).

- SaintDog

Comment

Originally posted by SaintDog
      Admin CP -> vBulletin Options -> Attachments

You can set what attachments you wish to allow on your forum there (just make sure you have an image in the specified folder as well else you will have an X for an image beside that attachment ).

- SaintDog
      lol of course I know this (plz read my sig next time )

now back on track.. just read the topic

Comment

You can allow basically all type of attachments I do believe , although for you DB's sake, I would not upload overly large attachments .

- SaintDog

Comment

Originally posted by SaintDog
          You can allow basically all type of attachments I do believe , although for you DB's sake, I would not upload overly large attachments .

- SaintDog
          hehe ok, I have now edited the first post for a better understanding of what I'd like

and btw, my filesize limit isn't very high, and space isn't a problem

Comment

I believe you need to specify the exact extensions. AFAIK there are no wildcard options.
            Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
            Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Originally posted by smachol
              I believe you need to specify the exact extensions. AFAIK there are no wildcard options.
              ah ok, thx anyways

Comment

Originally posted by Blak n Wite

lol of course I know this (plz read my sig next time )

now back on track.. just read the topic
                Your signature tells me you know how to set colors. It doesn't convince me you know everything about vBulletin. I mean .. why else would you be asking questions on this forum

Unfortn. you are forced to set the ext. for each filetype you wish to allow.

Comment

or if you are willing to edit your files you can remove the check in the acceptupload function in /admin/functions.php

If anyone else plans to do this please understand the consequences, They will be able to upload any type of file they like

This includes executables and batch files which could contain a virus.

PHP Code:
                    if (strpos("  $attachextensions  ",$extension ")==0) {

// invalid extension

eval("standarderror(\"".gettemplate("error_attachbadtype")."\");");
                      exit;
                    } 
                  Scott MacVicar

My Blog | Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by xiphoid

Your signature tells me you know how to set colors. It doesn't convince me you know everything about vBulletin. I mean .. why else would you be asking questions on this forum

Unfortn. you are forced to set the ext. for each filetype you wish to allow.
                    I think he's referring to the text, saying he admins at many vBs etc etc

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                    Working...
                    X