X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cygnus
    replied
    Thanks, Jakeman. That's what I thought.

I found a thread at vBulletin.org that comes REALLY close to what I need but there are problems. Perhaps someone with a little more PHP knowledge could take a look at it and give me some help?

http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showt...threadid=40476

Thanks!
    Cygnus

Leave a comment:

• Jake Bunce
    replied
    the closest you can get to that is making it so they can see the forum and enter the forum, but no threads show up. this can be done by setting a group's forum-level permissions so they "Can view forum" but not "View other's threads." if you want more than that you will have to ask at www.vbulletin.org .

Leave a comment:

• Cygnus
    started a topic Forum Permissions

Forum Permissions

We recently went subscription-based for more than half of our boards. Some remain free while others require a Premium Membership. Here's my problem and I am hoping that there is an easy way to solve it:

For Registered Members (non-Premium), I would like them to see all of the boards that are on the site. I would like to make it so that if they try and click on one of the ones that require Premium Membership they are shown the "You are trying to access a part of the site that you are not allowed to view" message.

Currently, they cannot see anything. If I switch "Can view forum" to yes, they can see the board but when they click on it, they get a "No posts in the last 30 days" message when this is not the case.

Does that make any sense at all? Would this require a hack? If so, I can ask over at .org.

Thanks,
    Cygnus
widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X