Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do I make the forum "members only"

Hello All,

Listen, how do I make it so that when someone enters the url of my forum address, the first page they see will be a login or register screen? Like if a guest is trying to view the forum what he will see first is the login or register screen. So the point is that only registered members can view, post, in the forum?

Thanks

Jason

Change the permissions for the 'Unregistered' user group to 'No' for 'Can view forum'.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Thank a lot smachol,

Please see my reply on the YABBSE converter as well, you all are the best, accept my apologies.

Comment

No problem!

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

this does not display login box...

If you shut off the view option for unregistered people..it does not show them anything! How can I get it to show the login box right on index.php page or how can i link right to a page that forces me to login?

Thanks
          Kevin

Comment

That shouldn't happen. They should get the 'No permission' page with the login box. What's the URL to your forums? Have you installed any hacks?

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

steve

No hacks...

Could I PM you or email you the URL. It is our company's license and website and is not secure at this point.

Kevin

Comment

Better yet, fill out a support ticket at:

http://www.vbulletin.com/members/support.php

Be sure to include the login info to your Admin CP and FTP, as well as the description of the problem.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

ok..

doing it now... Thanks for the help and hopefully you can figure out what is wrong!

Thanks
                  Kevin
                  Canon USA

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                  Working...
                  X