Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sub forum question

Hi all

New user here, to vbulletin, just bought it 2 weeks ago and heavily designing the new site.

However i have just got stumped on one thing and that is as follows (which i am hoping someone can help me with):

I will be running the site 3 levels deep for example:

Entertainment (top)
    -- Movies (sub of top)
    ----- Example Scary movies (sub of movies)

What i would like to do is show movies under the entertaiment forum on the homepage, but to do that i have to have the movie categorie as a forum.

That is the problem as i don't want anyone posting to that that (forum) catergory.

So is it possible to have the 2nd level forum/catergory show up on the homepage but act like a catogory and not a forum.

I hope i have not confused anyone if so you can checkout my site at www.chatfast.com to get an idea of what i am talking about but please beaware that it still messed up as i am just learning the program and php.

Thanks before hand.

Kirk James

Yes... Just edit the forum to have "Act as Forum" set to no.

Then edit the template forumhome_forumbit_level2_nopost to look like you want it to.

To get your third level forum to display you will have to add a new template called: forumhome_forumbit_level3_post
    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 API

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
    Working...
    X