Private Forum

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Private Forum

I have a Private Forum on for a category, and it's topic beneath it. I found a user in "Restricted Area" though so I looked, and apparently they put http://www.forum.com/forumdisplay.php?s=&forumid=15 right into their browser, and it shows them the category with the forum inside that way. They apprently cannot read anything within, but this is still a security issue, as I don't want anyone to know this area exists at all.

How is this a security issues? All they are doing is entering different forumids. They don't see anything.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Because it is suposed to be a private forum, without them being able to see it. If they enter the direct link they can see it though and know we have restricted areas, and possibly attempt to subvert the security.

Comment

Ok I'm not trying to be argumentative but when they do this all they get is a 'no permissions' screen. We obviously differ on whether this constitutes a security issue. Nonetheless this is the default behaviour. To change this requires hacking. You can make a hack request at vbulletin.org if you'd like.

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

No, I'm saying they can SEE the forums in the "private" category.

Comment

Ahh, then make sure you have 'Hide private forum' set to 'Yes' *and* 'Show Locked forums' set to 'No' in the vBulletin Options section of the Admin CP.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...
            X