Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Without Monitoring new Members - they become auto Seniors!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Without Monitoring new Members - they become auto Seniors!!

HELP!! I started having this problem about a month ago, with 2.2.1, so I upgraded to 2.2.6 and it's still happening.

Problem: When the board is set to monitor new members, the Admin controls the status changes (which is excellent, yet time consuming). But when I set the board to accept new members without monitoring capabilities for the Admin, it automatically advances the member from "Waiting for Email Confirmation" straight into Senior status without going into Registered first.

My board has several levels of usergroups (as most boards do) and I have access masks ON. My groups start at Registered (0-199 posts), Juniors (200-1999 posts) and Seniors (2000+ posts). Only Seniors have full access to all areas of the forums, including private areas. YIKES!!

This is most disconcerting and I need help to investigate what got screwed up!! *LOL*

Any suggestions?

Added detail....There are no hacks on my board.

Comment

It's unclear what exactly you've done. There is no feature in vB that allows for members to move from one user group to another bsed on post count. There is this ability for 'user titles', but you cannot ssign forum permissions to user titles - only user groups.
      Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
      Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Originally posted by smachol
        It's unclear what exactly you've done. There is no feature in vB that allows for members to move from one user group to another bsed on post count. There is this ability for 'user titles', but you cannot ssign forum permissions to user titles - only user groups.
        Hello Steve. Thanks for responding.

Apparently, I misunderstood that this option was strictly for usertitles...I assumed it also dealt with post promotions. This is all well and good and I've no problems with manually upgrading their status at the proper time. Thank you for setting me straight about that.

BUT, it still doesn't address the problem of new members automatically being switched from "waiting for email confirmation" to Seniors, by a simple mouse click of the link provided in their email to activate their accounts.

Any ideas?

Comment

Not really. I responded to your support ticket and will need Admin CP access to check this out.

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Not really. I responded to your support ticket and will need Admin CP access to check this out.
            I'll attach it to the support ticket. Thanks Steve.

Comment

Found the problem. For some reason your 'Senior Member' group was using groupid 2, which vB expects to be the 'Registered' group. Renaming these groups and moving the existing members should fix the problem.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

Found the problem...
                You most certain did and in super record time, too!!

All has been fixed and my board is doing fine again...THANKS to you, Steve!! *thumbs up*

vBulletin is THE greatest forum software on the entire Internet!!

Have a good day!! *waving*

Comment

No problem!

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                  Working...
                  X