Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SaintDog
    replied
    You may want to contact your host, most hosts run nightly or daily back-ups, if they have a backup of before you dropped the wrong DB, they could restore it for you (some host do not back-up the DB's, some do, you will just need to ask them).

I hope things work out for you!

- SaintDog

Leave a comment:

• Steve Machol
    replied
    Check that directory for any other .sql files. Other than that I can't really think of anything you can do. You either have a recent backup or you don't. I hope you find it. Good luck!

Leave a comment:

• chris frolic
    started a topic Help with restoring a database

Help with restoring a database

I made an incredibly stupid mistake today and dropped the wrong database while working in phpMyAdmin.

At first I didn't sweat it, since a while ago I set up a cronjob to run a daily mysqldump of the board. I had never needed to restore before, but the cron seemed to be working properly and the file when viewed always had todays date stamp, which lead me to believe all was well with the daily mysqldump.

but when I tried to restore it through the usual means:

mysql -uname -ppassword board < boardbak.sql

it restored a 6 month old version of my board. Even though the .sql file had todays date on it, which lead me to believe it had successfully dumped this morning as it's supposed to.

I'm faced with the possibility that I'm just flat out out of luck, but before I throw in the towel, would anyone have any idea why this might have happened and also the small chance that my current board might be hidden away somewhere?

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
Working...
X