• mysql error number: 1064

Database error in vBulletin Control Panel 2.2.6:

Invalid SQL: SELECT userid
    FROM user
    WHERE username='Kianah'
    AND userid <>
    mysql error: You have an error in your SQL syntax near '' at line 4

mysql error number: 1064

all mysql database entries have a proper userid all in numeric order.

any thoughts?

Did you upgrade from an earlier version? Reupload user.php in ASCII to your admin directory. Make sure you overwrite the existing one.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

i uploaded from 2.2.5. After i upgraded to 2.2.6 things were fine. Then suddenly i couldnt update users accounts. I found the link to the .zip file containing the new user.php files and uploaded it. Things appear to be fine..

thanks for the assistance.

Comment

Glad to hear it. For some reason many people are upgrading yet don't truly upload all the 2.2.6 files. You might want to make sure you've uploaded all the files correctly.

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Smachol, I'm getting the very same problem but have more detail. Uploading the user.php and even member.php files have not changed the error. Here's what I get:

Code:
          Database error in vBulletin Control Panel 2.2.5:

Invalid SQL: SELECT userid
                              FROM user
                              WHERE username='wildmomo'
                              AND userid <> 

mysql error: You have an error in your SQL syntax near '' at line 4
          mysql error number: 1064

Date: Wednesday 26th of June 2002 04:44:45 PM

Script: http://www.(sitehere).com/forums/forums/admin/user.php

Referer: http://www.(sitehere).com/forums/admin/user.php?s=&action=edit&userid=110
          I don't have 2 level "forums" directory, very odd statement in the "SCRIPT" line.

Forums been up and working fine since May 17, no issues. I get this error when I enter the VB Admin Panel and try to save changes for any users I'm editing, like taking "waiting email confirmation" and changing them to "registered". I then hit submit and poof, this error.

I'll PM you the URL, because I wanted to keep it off the forum in case I'm revealing something I shouldn't. On the way in a sec.

Comment

You're running 2.2.5. You need to either upgrade to 2.2.6 (recommended), or upload the patched files in freddie's post here:

http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showt...threadid=44820

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

Working...
            X