Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

OH MAN! I have killed my Forum Home page!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OH MAN! I have killed my Forum Home page!

I was trying to do something in front page and somehow even tho that didn't work my FORUM HOME is stuck in the same time the same messages the same users online, the same new member shown. In others words somehow I froze it in time and tho the others change as usual this main forum page is BAD MESSED UP! I dont even know where to start to fix! I have gone to templates and all is the same! I have gone to styles and ditto.. as well as replacements! whatever I did i caused in front page PLEASE HELP ME!!! Please! And no I lost my backups in a recent computer total meltdown! what do I DO!

Revert Forum Home Page Templates to default
    You're my Prince of Peace
    And I will live my life for You

Comment

its not working! *SOB* I am so scared I ruined it for good! the time is still the same ect... its stuck in that moment I somehow screwed it up! What NOW! THe banner is also gone! even tho it shows up in the style!
      Last edited by RavenBeauty; Sun 23 Jun '02, 4:41am.

Comment

Have you edited index.php?
        If so, reupload it to your forums root folder

Comment

Re: OH MAN! I have killed my Forum Home page!

Originally posted by RavenBeauty
          I was trying to do something in front page and somehow even tho that didn't work my FORUM HOME is stuck in the same time the same messages the same users online, the same new member shown. In others words somehow I froze it in time and tho the others change as usual this main forum page is BAD MESSED UP! I dont even know where to start to fix! I have gone to templates and all is the same! I have gone to styles and ditto.. as well as replacements! whatever I did i caused in front page PLEASE HELP ME!!! Please! And no I lost my backups in a recent computer total meltdown! what do I DO!
          hit

CTRL+F5 on forumhome page in your browser what do you see ?
          :: Always Back Up Forum Database + Attachments BEFORE upgrading !
          :: Nginx SPDY SSL - World Flags Demo [video results]
          :: vBulletin hacked forums: Clean Up Guide for VPS/Dedicated hosting users [ vbulletin.com blog summary ]

Comment

I see exactly what i see otherwise.. frozen in time at 6:11 when I was trying to do something in front page... I am such an idiot. I refuse to believe there is no way whatsoever to edit PHP like you do HTML but I guess there isnt and trying to do so is what caused this! I messed up the PHP s and dont know how or what? Or how to fix!

Comment

it seems to be related with lastposttime
              in index.php you should have right below
              PHP Code:
              $forum['description']='';
                      } 
              this
              PHP Code:
              // dates

if ($forum['lastpost']>0) {

$forum['lastpostdate']=vbdate($dateformat,$forum['lastpost']);

$forum['lastposttime']=vbdate($timeformat,$forum['lastpost']);
                        eval(
              "\$forum['lastpostinfo'] = \"".gettemplate('forumhome_lastpostby')."\";");
                      } else {

$forum['lastpostinfo']='Never';
                      } 

Comment