Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• t0ecutter
    replied
    THanks for the help, I logged in first and then went to the repair.php script URL and it worked.

Leave a comment:

• Raz Meister
    replied
    Or you could .htaccess protect your admin directory and leave all sorts of junk in there.

Leave a comment:

• Kier
    replied
    Originally posted by Razzie
    If you use if to optimize your Db from a URL then you should have it password protected so no one abuses it.
    Which is why it should not be left on your server after you have used it. You should upload it, use it and delete it, as and when you need it.

Leave a comment:

• Raz Meister
    replied
    If you use if to optimize your Db from a URL then you should have it password protected so no one abuses it.

Leave a comment:

• tubedogg
    replied
    Put it in your main forums directory. I have never understood the point of having protection on repair.php which will most likely fail if you have a need to run it in the first place.

Leave a comment:

• George L
    replied
    you need to be logged into admin user to run repair.php

Leave a comment:

• Raz Meister
    replied
    If you type in your admin username and password - what happens?

Leave a comment:

• t0ecutter
    started a topic repair.php script brings up admin login screen

repair.php script brings up admin login screen

URL of your forums: http://www.hpiracing.com/rcforum/index.php

PHP version 4.0.6

MySQL version 3.23.45

Apache/webserver version: 1.3.20

Server operating system: Linux

Any error message you are getting: none

Whether or not you have edited any files*: no hacked files, some templates modified but they've been going for months with no problems

-------------------------

Okay, with the formalitites out of the way the title of the thread tells it all. When I go to /admin/repair.php, the help file comes up, telling you the syntax to use.

When I try /admin/repair.php?html=1 or repair.php?html=1&check=1 or ?check=1 I get the purple admin login screen. I get the same result with all of the different variables.

I'm trying to check the database tables because for some reason a post that was made in October 2001 (when we first got vB) came up as a brand new post.
widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X