Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2 Questinons (lost mySQL pw & backup problem)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lomnitz
    replied
    Okay, thank you very (!!) much.

Leave a comment:

• filburt1
    replied
    1. Just edit config.php to show the new username/password
    2. The backup might be complete, but it usually isn't. I was in the same boat with you with this problem, so what I did was backup via phpmyadmin all tables except for template-related stuff into one .sql file, and then attachments and posts in two separate .sql files. The post table was extremely hard to do and what happened is I tried it in the admin CP. That error was at the end of the file, but the last postid was the last postid of the forum so it worked.

Make sense?

Leave a comment:

• Lomnitz
    started a topic 2 Questinons (lost mySQL pw & backup problem)

2 Questinons (lost mySQL pw & backup problem)

Hello,

unfortunately I have lost the password of the mySQL Database, which my vBB uses. I have the possibility to change it via an interface of my hoster, but how to change it later in my vBB ?

Apart from that I'd like to change servers, because I haven't got telnet access to this server. Because of unknown reasons, the vBB backup interface system doesn't work anymore. That means the download of the vbulletin.sql breaks allways off in the mid of the database. I opened the vbulletin.sql with a texteditor and found at the end of the database this error message:
    ##############################

<!-- Database error in vBulletin Control Panel 2.2.2:

Invalid SQL: SHOW FIELDS FROM privatemessage
    mysql error: Lost connection to MySQL server during query

mysql error number: 2013

###############################

This error message is cutted. I installed phpmyAdmin, in hope to be able to do a backup this way.

You know, why the connection allways breaks down ? We usualy never had problems...

kind regards
widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X