Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Speed through firewall

Well I'm stumped on this one...
    The speed of my site is fine from home, but horrendous at work.

It's all navigation lag though, meaning I click on a button and it seems to wait for the web server, then goes to the page and loads it.

The page-load itself is plenty fast enough (i.e., it's not my workstation), it just seems to be waiting for http connections to get through.

The question I have is has anyone seen this with their firewall? Btw, browsing these forums is fine...just my site for some reason.

My site (FPS Gaming site with potentially mild nudity...be warned!)

you might have a routing problem from your work. try running a traceroute to your site from both home and work. also, your work connection might just be high latency for reasons out of your control. i've worked for a couple businesses that have fast net connections but they lag like crazy.

Comment

Originally posted by Jakeman
      you might have a routing problem from your work. try running a traceroute to your site from both home and work. also, your work connection might just be high latency for reasons out of your control. i've worked for a couple businesses that have fast net connections but they lag like crazy.
      Thanks for the reply, I've actually looked into both those a while back and came up empty...a trace returns about 10-12 hops in 65-70ms and again, I'm able to browse other VB-style forums fine...including my host's support forums...

I'm just concerned it's something to do with my site, but I dunno what...

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...
      X