No announcement yet.

[HowTo] Design and Tweak your Frontpage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I have a question, is there one for subforums? if you ahve it here, I didn't see it.

Comment

• Now "Save" the forumhome_pmloggedin template and continue to step 2.
      <LI>
      • Step 2
      • Login to your web server with your FTP client and browse to the images/frontpage/ directory.
      • Upload your on.gif and off.gif to this directory (images/frontpage/) - and log out.

Done!

(Please note that I did not include the .gif images, if you want to use the images I use, please download them from: here!)
      [/QUOTE]
      ================================
      I did step #1 with no problems.. believe that or not lol. But step two I'm running into a stump. I went into my Cpanel but I don't see the "images/frontpage/directory" I saw public_html/images.. but that's it. What turn did I make here ?

When adding this template.. I also lost my Birthday template. lol what did I do ?

Comment

• Please note that due to some script of freddie, all the attachments have disappeared :/

Comment

• I took a break from playing with templates and just came back. I'm excited to say, I have many working right now thank you thank you xiphoid !

but of course, I fixed some and messed up others.
          I'm having some problems at the bottom. Hopefully this shot will show the problems.

[I removed links to images that were behind an htaccess-protected directory which was causing viewers to get a login box everytime they viewed this thread. - Steve]

...the line where "currently active users" and the PM are messed up . Not totally sure what I did wrong at this point.
          Last edited by Steve Machol; Mon 10th Mar '03, 3:45pm.

Comment

• whoah, that didnt work out well.

You might want to view it yourself ??

UserID "sugar plum"
            Pass "blue"

the site is www.welovefreestuff.com

Comment

• The frontpage tweaks etc work great.

Just missing the path in the template I guess for the private msg

http://www.welovefreestuff.com/forum...ntpage/off.gif

That location either doesnt excist, or no file uploaded yet.

Comment

• so I put it in the path you have above ?

I think I did this public_html/images/frontpage. Instead I should have forums before images right ?

dang, I've came a long way with templates hehehe

Comment

• humm this time I did this.

public_html/forums/images/frontpage

I just uploaded both the on and off.gif

however instead of seeing a gif symbol in the above location. I get this

[I removed links to images that were behind an htaccess-protected directory which was causing viewers to get a login box everytime they viewed this thread. - Steve]

I normally don't see a notepad type symbol
                  Last edited by Teea; Mon 17th Mar '03, 9:20am.

Comment

• Looks like I messed up my who's online too.

a href="online.php?">Currently Active Users: 8There are currently 8 members and 0 guests on the boards. | Most users ever online was 65 on 06-27-2002 at 12:26 PM.
                    JRagle , Nommie625 , parrothead , pikaemy1 , Teea , crystalmoon* , savvy* , SouthernGal*

Comment

• dancing around... I did it, I did it!!!

I just uploaded some other random gif and it worked

lol now, all I need to fix is the "online users"

Comment

• Okay I'm stuck on step 2. When you say create your own cat gifs at the very end of the step, I'm stuck. How exactly do you do this?

Comment

• Originally posted by Teea
                          dancing around... I did it, I did it!!!

I just uploaded some other random gif and it worked

lol now, all I need to fix is the "online users"

Hey Teea,
                          each time i load this thread, i get a cpanel 6 login screen for welovefreestuff
                          you have anything in your signature that might cause this ? if so, please remove it, it annoys me. lol

Comment

• Originally posted by xiphoid
                            Hey Teea,
                            each time i load this thread, i get a cpanel 6 login screen for welovefreestuff
                            you have anything in your signature that might cause this ? if so, please remove it, it annoys me. lol
                            Yes, this is happening for me too. I'm going to look at this sig right now.
                            Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
                            Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• Nothing in the sig. It must be from one of the above posts.
                              Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
                              Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• It's from Post# 129

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X