Trying to upgrade... Please help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trying to upgrade... Please help!

I have vBulletin v2.2.2. I'd like to upgrade to the newest stable version, which I assume is v2.2.6.

When I download the software, after the file arrives, I get this message:

"Internet Explorer doesn't know how to handle the type of file you have selected.
    You can choose to save this file to your disk or you can configure a Helper Application for this file.
    MIME type: application/zip-compressed
    File name: download.php"

What do I do now?

My home computer is a Macintosh G3, running OS 9.1. My host is TierraNet, running UNIX. My site is ConsciousLoving.com

Thanks for your help!

William

Save it to disk. Hopefully it'll save it as vbulletin226.zip and not download.php.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

I saved it to disk

It saved as download.php. What do I do now?

William

Comment

Simply rename it to a zip file or force your unzipping program to open it.

If you can't see the file extension and want to rename it, you might need to turn off hide extensions for known file types. I'm still running Win98 -- I don't know if it's different in other OS's -- but this can be changed via Windows Explorer by going to Tools -> Folder Options -> View tab -> Uncheck "Hide extensions for known file types" -> Click Ok.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...
        X