HELP - invalid session when attempting to vote

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by thebigboss
    Thats a severe suggestion for an excellent hack and one of the best add-ons around for vBulletin.
    That may be, but it's not our job to provide support for hacks. And also from my perspective I've had to deal with many support issues relating to problems caused by that hack in particular. If people want to use it, that's fine. But they need to be aware that we can only support Jelsoft code, not code from other sources.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

I understand.

As it turned out this was an aol issue and not a vbportal one.

vbportal only makes 2 changes to your vbulletin tables. 1 to the search table and 1 to the post table. Both instances add a new field - topics.

That addition is also an optional install - it is an option when installing vbportal - to install with or without topics. If you install without topics, no changes are made to your vbulletin tables.
      using vbportal 3.x for vbulletin 3.x - not just another pretty front page for your site.

Comment

Need further clarification of the fix. There are several templates related to voting, all referencing a different "session" or dbsessionhash". Can you clarify/detail what you found and where? I've never hacked my poll/vote templates.

Thanks in advance.

Originally posted by DVD Plaza
        Definitely specific to the voting, so went into the template and compared it to the default - interestingly the session hash variable used is different for the hidden s parameter than it is for the URLs, but anyways I found the problem... I had a missing close form tag - must've lost it when I reworked our templates recently, and so parameters from another form on the same page (prolly the forum jump) was obviously causing a problem.

Voting now works fine, sorry for the confusion
        Last edited by k2webfusion; Wed 20 Nov '02, 2:42pm.

Comment

Originally posted by k2webfusion
          Need further clarification of the fix. There are several templates related to voting, all referencing a different "session" or dbsessionhash". Can you clarify/detail what you found and where? I've never hacked my poll/vote templates.

Thanks in advance.
          It is indeed an AOL problem, not vB problem. I only get that error while using AOL's browser, but works fine with IE.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...
          X