Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Last visit/last activity?

Hello!

When I search fir defind user on my admin control panel and find this user, I see Last visit and last activity for him. What is the difference?

For one of my users I see:
    Last Visit 2002-05-22 16:43:39
    (Format yyyy-mm-dd hh:mm:ss, leave blank for today)

Last Activity 2002-06-03 11:03:52

How can this be - last visit is earlier than last activity?

Thanks in advance.
    Vasi

(VB 2.2.6)

the last visit is when he actually arrived at the board the last time and the last activity is the last time he loaded a page before leaving.
    Scott MacVicar

My Blog | Twitter

Comment

Did I understand you correctly...

...last visit is when he actually arrived at the board the last time.
      ...last activity is the last time he loaded a page before leaving.

The example I first posted - is the real one:

Last Visit 2002-05-22 16:43:39

Last Activity 2002-06-03 11:03:52

So, you mean that the member last arrived on my forum on May 22 then spent his time on the forum till June 3, when he loaded the page before leaving.

I can belive in miracles, but not in spendng time on the forum constantly since May 22 till June 3 .

Is there any explanation for this member?
      Last edited by Vasi; Sun 9th Jun '02, 5:01pm.

Comment

Think of 'Last Visit' as 'Next-to-Last Visit'. Don't ask why. I don't understand it either but that's the way it works.
        Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
        Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

OK. But when actually the member last visited my forum? May 22 or June 3?

It is principle for me.

Comment

The latest date will always be the one when the members was last online on your forums, and that will always (should be always, don't know why it wouldn't) be Last Activity.
            - Andrew Pfeifer

Comment

Andrew is right. 'Last Activity' is the actual last visit.
              Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
              Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Thanks for clarification.

I consider Last visit/last activity as a bug or at least as a feature that needs some clear description...

Comment

I wouldn't call it a bug, but some clarification in the files themselves (maybe where it's defined/etc) wouldn't be a bad idea.
                  - Andrew Pfeifer

Comment

Shouldn't "Last Activity" be the same as "Last Visit"? I noticed that when you mass removing forum accounts (which I just did for 1400+ on my forum), calculation was based on "Last Visit" rather than "Last Activity". Wouldn't that be misleading and causing deletion of some accounts that were actually active?

Comment

Last Visit is different from Last Activity for a very simple reason: When you look at a list of threads in a forum, you are shown ones that have posts since your last visit with a different icon. When you run a getnew search, you are seeing posts that are new since your last visit. the Last Visit date provides the basis for these calculations. Last Activity is when you last did something on the board, and when you log in the next time, the date in Last Activity becomes Last Visit, and Last Activity gets set to the current date.

Make more sense now? It's not a bug, it's in fact a very important feature.

RE: the pruner thing. Yeah it should probably be changed.

Comment

So, in other words, "Last visit" date is a previous "Last Activity" date. Right?

Comment

Correct.

Comment

Thanks!

Now the case is clear to me.

Vasi

Comment

Originally posted by tubedogg
                              Make more sense now? It's not a bug, it's in fact a very important feature.

RE: the pruner thing. Yeah it should probably be changed.
                              ok i understand now. thanks. about the pruner thing, will it be changed and when? i just removed 1400+ user accounts yesterday...

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X