Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• backup

hi,

Im kinda new to this so forgive me if im doin anything wrong.

I havent got telnet access, i looked at my hosts (easyspace) support and all i got was info on mail telnet, nothing else.

Is it possible to do backups by PHPMYADMIN?

What can you reccommend?

Do you mean backing up your database?

you can do that through the vB ACP; just go to it and find "back-up database" and then download it.

This is CoventryKid from your board

Comment

back via any php script is unreliable when it comes to large databases due to php timeout issues, you need to use telnet for backing up or finding a host who has telnet - in the long term that's the way to go otherwise you'll end up one day needing to move to a higher plan/ new web host but with no way of moving your forum database off the old host
      :: Always Back Up Forum Database + Attachments BEFORE upgrading !
      :: Nginx SPDY SSL - World Flags Demo [video results]
      :: vBulletin hacked forums: Clean Up Guide for VPS/Dedicated hosting users [ vbulletin.com blog summary ]

Comment

If your host provides CPanel the latest version has a database backup and restore feature. I tested this out on a 80Mb database and it worked ferfectly.

Also check and see if your host allows SSH access. This will work in place of telnet.
        Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
        Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Originally posted by smachol
          If your host provides CPanel the latest version has a database backup and restore feature. I tested this out on a 80Mb database and it worked ferfectly.

Also check and see if your host allows SSH access. This will work in place of telnet.
          How long does it take to backup via SSH (lets say if i have a 100MB DB...) ?

Comment

1-3 minutes depending on the server configuration and how busy it is.
            Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
            Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...
            X