Who's Online Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who's Online Question

I istalled version 2.2.5 a couple of weeks ago and love it. I've noticed a slight anomaly though. Some of my members show up twice in Who's Online - once as themselves, and once as a Guest. I think it happens with members who are accessing the board through a proxy server. Has anyone else noticed this? What causes it and is there a fix? Thanks for any input offered.

It's normal. A guest goes to a thread, tries to reply, is blocked by the login screen, and logs in. Then it looks like they're on twice.
    --filburt1, vBulletin.org/vBulletinTemplates.com moderator
    Web Design Forums.net: vB Board of the Month
    vBulletin Mail System (vBMS): webmail for your forum users

Comment

Originally posted by filburt1
      It's normal. A guest goes to a thread, tries to reply, is blocked by the login screen, and logs in. Then it looks like they're on twice.
      It happens other than in the instance you describe. I get on and am logged on automatically by the cookie but my IP address shows up a second time as a guest though I never got on as a guest. As I said before, the only apparent common thread is that the others to whom this happens are also accessing the board through a proxy server at their place of employment. Just curious really - not a big deal.

Comment

Another problem Ive noticed is that some people link to images in their sig which are attachments on my forums.

They link to
        forums.total-anime.com/attachment.php?postid=123
        but the user is logged in on www.forums.total-anime.com and they end up showing up twice.

This could be sorted by extending the cookie domain though.
        Scott MacVicar

My Blog | Twitter

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...
        X