No announcement yet.

Server Installation Problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Do you still have the original email from VO when you opened your account? This contains the login name and password for your account, as well as the IP address.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Originally posted by PPN
      CPanel is software for administrating your site.

http://yourdomain.com/cpanel/

Its installed on most major web hosts but they may have their own version of the script or something similar. But most will allow you to create mysql databases+users.

Scott
      Thanks Scott.. unfortunatley it aint there
      What I have is :- Web Site Administrator v2.3.01
      which has mysql but all it says is-
      DATABASE NAME DATABASE USER DATABASE SERVER

MYSQL DATABASE SUMMARY

Total Databases: 0

and no way of adding.. I shall get in touch with the webhost..

Thanks again all
      Steve
      StevieBee

:p Always the Optimist :p

:eek: Never the Groom :eek:

Comment

Well, I'm gonna have to get a little embarassed here. I finally resolved the problem that I wasn't able to access my cPanel and web site on VO. (gulp) It seems that all I had to do was disable my firewall protection. Ooooops!

That was half the battle. Now it seems that through this whole mess, I've lost the password/username to gain access to cPanel. With head hung low, I've requested it from VO. Maybe I can get back on track.

After that, I'll have to re-read the posts and start my quest all over. Maybe with some success this time.

Comment

Originally posted by eva2000
          huh ? if you have a VO virtual a/c it is running linux and already has php/mysql setup for you

all you need to do is in cpanel's mysql module

1. create mysql database
          2. create new mysql username and password
          3. add new mysql username to newly created database
          4. upload vB php files to a/c via ftp in ASCII mode
          5. rename config.php.new to config.php in /admin directory and change mysqlusername and mysql password created in step 2 with format siteusername_mysqlusername for mysql username (specific to only cpanel based hosts)
          6. enter your mysql databasename you created in step 1
          7. run /admin/install.php from browser for your site a/c i.e. yourdomain.com/admin/install.php or where ever you uploaded the files
          8. read carefully and click through the steps at the bottom of the page and read instructions given on those pages if any
          9. DO NOT under any circumstances refresh any of the install step pages if you have an error - instead stop there and view source code of page and copy and paste the error in a post on this forum for guidance as to how to proceed
          I'm So Close To Success, I Can Taste It!

I got access to my FTP and CPanel. Phewwww...!

OK, I got up to Step 7 Above and I ran into a little snag. The error message that I'm getting says:

"Warning: Access denied for user: '[email protected]' (Using password: YES) in ..." What Am I Missing Here? I'm sure it's something somewhere in the set up.

By the way. I just want to thank everyone for your patience with me and my problems. I can almost see light at the end of the tunnel now.

Bob

Comment

Originally posted by w5blt
            [B]

"Warning: Access denied for user: '[email protected]' (Using password: YES) in ..." What Am I Missing Here?
            This error is due to one or more of the following variables being wrong in your config.php file:

$dbusername (the database username)
            $dBpassword (the password for that user and database)
            $dbname (the name of the database)
            Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
            Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Originally posted by w5blt

I'm So Close To Success, I Can Taste It!

I got access to my FTP and CPanel. Phewwww...!

OK, I got up to Step 7 Above and I ran into a little snag. The error message that I'm getting says:

"Warning: Access denied for user: '[email protected]' (Using password: YES) in ..." What Am I Missing Here? I'm sure it's something somewhere in the set up.

By the way. I just want to thank everyone for your patience with me and my problems. I can almost see light at the end of the tunnel now.

Bob
              with cpanel your mysql username will become

siteusername_mysqlusername this will be shown to you right after you add the mysql username via cpanel's mysql module
              :: Always Back Up Forum Database + Attachments BEFORE upgrading !
              :: Nginx SPDY SSL - World Flags Demo [video results]
              :: vBulletin hacked forums: Clean Up Guide for VPS/Dedicated hosting users [ vbulletin.com blog summary ]

Comment

Problem solved! Thanks to everyone for the help...

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                Working...
                X