Limit Thread Title Length

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Limit Thread Title Length

Is this possible? If so, where is it in options?

you could try editing the make new threa / reply template and do it manualy

too lazy to look at ACP
    Running vB since 4-14-2002

Comment

you would need to edit some templates - Admin CP -> Templates -> Modify -> [expand list]

New Posting Templates -> newthread. edit the maxlength value:

<td bgcolor="{secondaltcolor}"><normalfont><input type="text" class="bginput" name="subject" value="$subject" size="40" maxlength="85" tabindex="1"></normalfont></td>

New Posting Templates -> newreply. edit the maxlength value:

<td bgcolor="{secondaltcolor}"><normalfont><input type="text" class="bginput" name="title" value="$title" size="40" maxlength="85" tabindex="1"></normalfont> <smallfont>(Optional)</smallfont></td>

editpost. edit the maxlength value:

<td bgcolor="{secondaltcolor}"><normalfont><input type="text" class="bginput" name="title" value="$postinfo[title]" size="40" maxlength="85" tabindex="1"></normalfont></td>

i think that should do the trick.

Comment

I would assume that default it 85 characters, including spaces? Also, if they go beyond that limit, does an error appear or something?

Comment

well it just wont let them type another letter
          Running vB since 4-14-2002

Comment

Originally posted by Avenger
            I would assume that default it 85 characters, including spaces? Also, if they go beyond that limit, does an error appear or something?
            i remember some one saying the limit was 100. i forget the reason.

Comment

Originally posted by Jakeman

i remember some one saying the limit was 100. i forget the reason.
              Well, the code you posted in red indicates 85 characters... or no? If not, I don't know what measurment it is using and won't be able to set my own limit.

Comment

If Jakeman is posting the original maxlength then the form only allows 85 chars. The database uses varchar(100) I believe so it is limited to 100 characters in the database (and you can change it of course. ).
                - AJ Zmudosky

Comment

Ok, got it. Thanks!

Comment

Title length after changing template...

I've done expanding the database, and the template. Now, in the forum display, the title is longer. But it still gets chopped off at 85 characters after you go into the thread view.

attached is an example:

Any one has any more ideas?
                    Attached Files
                    Last edited by pcmaster; Mon 2 Jun '03, 8:03am.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                    Working...
                    X